CBD Question

fwafwow

WKR
Classified Approved
lol you dont get addicted to weed...

nobody has been able to use federally funding for long term studies on effects. But i know being on the medical side of the market before it went recreationally, i personally saw so much posativity and elderly people getting off all of these perscriptions pills and getting it down to 1 or 2 things to take a day instead of 20 different pills. Im sure in the next 5 years we will see a lot of breakthroughs and in depth breakdowns when it comes to individual cannabinoids.
I am not trying to argue (seems like lately it helps to start with a disclaimer). I know that marijuana is still illegal as a Federal matter, so I understand that any research on it would be limited (at best). But since CBD is not illegal, I'm wondering why there has not been at least some research done on it (or at least some that I can find). If you are saying the wait is on a funding source, and the government won't do that - that makes sense. I do believe, however, that almost all clinical studies on drugs are paid for by Pharma, not the government. And perhaps the difference is that Pharma has loads of money, whereas I would suspect the entire CBD industry is less flush with funds.

Anyway, I don't doubt your experience. But I'm always looking for more than anecdotal info (even beyond my own).

Aside from whether you can or can't get addicted to the compounds themselves -- a couple of my good friends are most definitely addicted to being lazy and unproductive now that they've started dabbing on a regular basis. On the other side of the coin, I also have friends who dab daily and are among the most successful people I know.

As for the OP, I have tried CBD topicals (CBD Tiger Balm basically), gummies, and tinctures. To be honest, I didn't notice any kind of impact from any of them, in any way. The Tiger Balm definitely did it's job, but it's always done it's job for me even when it wasn't CBD infused.

YMMV.

Western_hunter87

Lil-Rokslider
I am not trying to argue (seems like lately it helps to start with a disclaimer). I know that marijuana is still illegal as a Federal matter, so I understand that any research on it would be limited (at best). But since CBD is not illegal, I'm wondering why there has not been at least some research done on it (or at least some that I can find). If you are saying the wait is on a funding source, and the government won't do that - that makes sense. I do believe, however, that almost all clinical studies on drugs are paid for by Pharma, not the government. And perhaps the difference is that Pharma has loads of money, whereas I would suspect the entire CBD industry is less flush with funds.

Anyway, I don't doubt your experience. But I'm always looking for more than anecdotal info (even beyon

Aside from whether you can or can't get addicted to the compounds themselves -- a couple of my good friends are most definitely addicted to being lazy and unproductive now that they've started dabbing on a regular basis. On the other side of the coin, I also have friends who dab daily and are among the most successful people I know.

As for the OP, I have tried CBD topicals (CBD Tiger Balm basically), gummies, and tinctures. To be honest, I didn't notice any kind of impact from any of them, in any way. The Tiger Balm definitely did it's job, but it's always done it's job for me even when it wasn't CBD infused.

YMMV.
especially with topicals THC and CBD go hand in hand and assist eachother for full spectrum effects. Lazy stoners are just lazy people. 1st world problems. But same as alcohol you ingest to much your useless. gotta be responsible with both. i like to use patches that is a slow release over 6-10 hours. And i also like to taking CBN for sleep

fwafwow

WKR
Classified Approved
especially with topicals THC and CBD go hand in hand and assist eachother for full spectrum effects. Lazy stoners are just lazy people. 1st world problems. But same as alcohol you ingest to much your useless. gotta be responsible with both. i like to use patches that is a slow release over 6-10 hours. And i also like to taking CBN for sleep
I'm not trying to put you on the spot, but you volunteered that you are consulting for the industry, and although you quoted my post above, I don't think you answered it. If the industry is saying there are benefits, yet there hasn't been funding for studies, then what is the basis for the stated benefits? I'm not against CBD - I am using it but can't figure out if it is making a difference for me personally - but I like to dig for the evidence and basis for stated benefits.

Western_hunter87

Lil-Rokslider
I'm not trying to put you on the spot, but you volunteered that you are consulting for the industry, and although you quoted my post above, I don't think you answered it. If the industry is saying there are benefits, yet there hasn't been funding for studies, then what is the basis for the stated benefits? I'm not against CBD - I am using it but can't figure out if it is making a difference for me personally - but I like to dig for the evidence a

I'm not trying to put you on the spot, but you volunteered that you are consulting for the industry, and although you quoted my post above, I don't think you answered it. If the industry is saying there are benefits, yet there hasn't been funding for studies, then what is the basis for the stated benefits? I'm not against CBD - I am using it but can't figure out if it is making a difference for me personally - but I like to dig for the evidence and basis for stated benefits.
dont need studies to sell wholesale

fwafwow

WKR
Classified Approved
dont need studies to sell wholesale
OK.

I have come to not trust what Pharma says about medicines, even if approved by the FDA (see statins), so I can't help but be personally circumspect about the claims of CBD oil benefits, especially if I'm right (and I can certainly be wrong) that there are no efforts at doing studies, long or short term.

bigv

Lil-Rokslider
I am willing to try cbd for sleep. Can anyone recommend a brand, company whatever that is safe and proven and will help with sleep? Once that will possibly mail deliver?

jobob730

FNG
There are 2 big issues with CBD products;

1) Its a supplement. So it doesn't get the scrutiny of the FDA.
You actually trust the FDA? I mean, seriously? They approve all kinds of poisons all the time. They're a government agency, which means they are inherently corrupt. A good rule of thumb for any sane person should be, if the government says it's good for you, then you know it's actually very bad for you, and if the government says it's bad for you, then you know it's actually very good for you. If the government says you need something, then you know you actually don't need it, and if the government says you don't need something, then you know you actually do need it.

Pilarczyk85

Lil-Rokslider
I take CBD regularly for inflammation and other various little ailments and have found it drastically help. I'm not consuming ibuprofen in huge doses anymore. I was super skeptical but was recommended it from a state patrol buddy who regularly passes drug tests with the brand he takes. So there is options out there to have very little to zero THC. Just find reputable companies. But it's really helped me and I've gone weeks without it just to make sure it wasn't some placebo affect. Good luck and DM me if you need any help with the company I use for it.

LeoGarben

FNG
I've never been much of a pothead and I'm a bit apprehensive about trying CBD, especially with all the different dosage options and bottle sizes. I've heard good things about Feels CBD from Andy Stumpf on the Cleared Hot podcast, but I'm also wary of buying from local sellers at the Farmer's Market.

ColoradoV

WKR

Landis is a good guy (no matter what Lance has to say).. The high elevation ultra distance guys got me taking his brand. If it is for you that is for you to decide.. There are benefits especially those of us who spend a lot of time and exertion at 11-13k ft.

MattB

WKR
Back in the day when I used to listen to the Dr. Drew show, he noted that he had a few clients who were long-time pot smokers who quit cold turkey and committed suicide shortly thereafter. Pot may not be physically addictive, but it sounds like it can have long-term psychological impacts.

To answer the question, never used CDB but an acquaintance uses it and has had great relief in terms of joint pain.

Last edited:
I do t use cbd oil. I use edibles. I try to stay away from high thc or any of possible but I’ll say that it helped me cope with trauma from a fatality accident.

I wasn’t able to sleep. Nightmares. Etc…

Put a little bit of canna butter in some tea and I slept. I don’t use often (maybe once in the past 4 months) but when I have flashbacks I’ll drink a tea or take a canacap. So I guess not really edibles but I use it to sleep. I’ve yet to know what being high is like because I’m sleep before it fully kicks in.

Was I cautious? Damn straight. Career in military and law enforcement tend to make one a little hesitant to use the devil weed (also was youth pastor after law enforcement and before my current career). I live in a legal state, so not as much of a stigma and I know what I am getting. It comes from a reputable legal operation.

I dabbled with cbd before the canna butter and caps, but it wasn’t the same.