CBD Question

OP
Thanks for the feedback all. I did quite a bit of research and it seems like a lot of upside potential with not much downside. Will give it a shot and report back for any that are interested. I did a ton of research and made some phone calls to various "sellers" and ended up going with Feals. Andy Stumpf and his podcast actually have a promo for them if any of you are interested...its just www.feals.com/clearedhot and it gave me 50% off my first order.

ledflight

WKR
From my experience, pure CBD didn't do much or anything for post op pain. Where I live it is OTC and legal.
I have heard that a small amount of THC helps a lot from a few people, including a practicing phsyician who lives in an area with a LOT of cannabis availability, bot legal and illicit. My hunting buddy for example was in Cali and procured an OTC balm of 80-90% CBD I think and said it was awesome for his back. Not enough THC in it to get high/stoned whatever.
If you're free of testing concerns and you're locale allows it this might be worth considering.

brsnow

WKR
With recent rotator cuff surgery it certainly helped with pain and more importantly sleep quality which was hard the first few months

Stalker69

WKR
I’ve tried it for various issues over the years, and it has done absolutely nothing for me. I have tried all different brands and strengths (son manages a dispensary ) and notice not one iola differance. But my sister on the other hand says it helps her tremendously, back issues ( she fell off a roof years ago) .

wapitibob

WKR
I don't need to worry about drug tests so I use 5mg/5mg thc/cbN for sleep. Seems to work better than thc/cbd I used to take.

fwafwow

WKR
Classified Approved
I suffered a traumatic brain injury recently and a vet friend suggested THC (via the old fashioned delivery method). I seemed to find some research supporting his recommendation, but when I asked my primary care physician his answer was an emphatic "no".

When I went back to my PCP and asked about CBD oil, he gave a more nuanced response. He said that there is very little research and much of the touted benefits are questionable. But he also said he has patients who swear by it and he saw little downside. Good enough for me - so I've been taking it for 3-4 weeks and while I think I have reduced pain and sleep better, it's hard to isolate those to the CBD. (There are other medications, I'm otherwise recovering, etc.) I will, however, try to "test" it at some point when I think I'm fully healed and then will see how things go when I try removing the CBD oil from my daily routine.

Redy321

FNG
Living in California, I ironically have very little understanding of how it works. I feel like everyone I talk to is overly religious about it and swear that it cures everything from cancer to relationship problems. The hipster crew has taken it to a whole new level, which has made me skeptical. Ive never been much of a pothead and Ive honestly just stayed away from it.

That being said, I recently started working two jobs (which is awesome just tremendously stressful at times) and I had an eye issue arise simply from stress. The eye doctor said he had a pretty heavy duty prescription he could write me which would fix the problem in my eye in about a week, or "off the record" he said that CBD would likely have the same effect (with no side effects whereas the prescription had many significant side effects) and would likely have the eye condition gone in the same amount of time. He said he couldnt "officially prescribe" the cbd but it is something I should think about. He is the best ophthalmologist in the area and has done surgeries on friends of ours. I trust him very much. So the point of all this is...do any of you have any experience with CBD? In looking in to it there seems to be a ton of options. Being that Im not a stoner, there's part of it that makes me a little apprehensive. There seems to be different dosage amounts and bottle sizes. I have no idea where to start. I do listen to the Cleared Hot podcast and Andy Stumpf has an advertisement at the beginning for Feals CBD. Does anyone recommend them? There are some "local" people that make their own and sell at the Farmer's Market but I am afraid if I buy from them I may end up licking the walls and playing at length with the neighbors cat...both of which I would rather not do. The application would be for at night before I go to bed.

Thank you all in advance for any help and insight you can provide me.
Your doctor gave you a good advice, but be careful with the dose and everything will be fine. I'm sure it's safe to consume CBD products. People often use it during sports (rarely) or when they are seriously ill or as you are stressed and tired. Again- be careful with the dose! I've been using CBD and magic mushrooms for a long time and everything is fine. Once I was in the hospital and talked with doctor about CBD he confirmed that they are safe and even advised a website where you can buy it . As I said, be careful about the dosage. Good luck and new victories:)

Last edited:

SteveCNJ

WKR
Classified Approved
My cousin and I both have RLS. The common RX is ropinirole which the body builds up an immunity to over time and I have also determined at least for me the amount I need can be stress and or exercise related. The biggest downside is the brain fog type hangover every morning. My cousin being in CA started experimenting with CBD and THC and I believe he used 5mg of each daily and he can sleep with no symptoms from RLS. Now that I don't live in a State that has restrictions on its use I'm going to see if it will work for me as well.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I have been using CBD drops for a few years now and have noticed some minor benefits with inflammation and headaches. I have not taken a pain med in over a year including when I was injured. I went off of Rogans recommendations. I have never had any side effects that I can tell or my wife. I have only had one drug screen and it was clean. I have been on and off of using it daily and I can tell fro sure I feel less stiffness when I am using it daily. I know for me it seems to help, I also can say for 100 percent sure that my 12 year old dog moves much better now that he is on it. He used to be slow to get up and would limp for the first few steps after laying for a bit, now he pops up and moves out much better. Just my 2 cents.

Well...I owned a marijuana/hemp testing laboratory for 5 years starting in 2014.
what I can tell you is basically the same as other folks on this forum, different effects for different folks.
go full spectrum if you can afford to not worry about drug tests. It will definitely be more advantageous. And I have seen hundreds benefit from it.
Use isolate if you have to take drug tests.

The one piece of advice is buy a product with a certificate of analysis (COA) from a licensed testing facility based on the appropriate state and their testing procedures. You have no idea how insane our audits were. Brutal, but that ensures public safety. Any of the legal states will have this, but Cbd product producers might not be mandated to test their product depending on the state guidelines/laws. A good product producer will test every “batch” of product with a third party testing facility. If they don’t post a test result with every batch, don’t buy it.
The chemistry involved includes your nicotinic receptors in your brain. Also many other nerve endings throughout the body. You are using it as a competing molecule to “mask” and out compete other molecules at those sites. That’s why you have to re-up through the day. As for curing cancer, I have seen some very interesting papers suggesting some amazing things. But, no real long term evidence yet.
Good luck, I hope it works wonders for you.
PS - I use a full spectrum coconut oil in my coffee every morning. It’s an acquired taste, but I can’t go without it nowadays and it works for me. And I am a chemist.
I don’t smoke weed. Doesn’t jive with my brain chemistry. I’ve got shit to do. Can’t lay around all day like some folks out there. Lol

Last edited:

Comerade

FNG
The whole thing confuses me. I am i my mid 60's now, and due to life the " temple" ( body)has rode hard.
I am a bit of a fitness nut job and my cardio is very good.
Will CBD help with the arthritis issues due to my many broken bones and repairs?
Coincidentally, a medical canabis Doctor is supposed to call and discuss this situation. Is it smoke and mirrors?

Squamch

WKR
The whole thing confuses me. I am i my mid 60's now, and due to life the " temple" ( body)has rode hard.
I am a bit of a fitness nut job and my cardio is very good.
Will CBD help with the arthritis issues due to my many broken bones and repairs?
Coincidentally, a medical canabis Doctor is supposed to call and discuss this situation. Is it smoke and mirrors?

Arthritis- yes, maybe, definitely. It's worth a shot. My friend's grandpa got some cbd cream to rub on his stump after he had an amputation. Nanny was helping him out and found that her hands stopped hurting...she went through an $85 jar of cream in 4 days, but her hands and wrists didn't hurt AT ALL during that time😂

LarryW

FNG
My experience of consuming CBD is equal to 10 years or even more. I need you to know that using CBD must be strictly controlled by your doctor. Yes, it's well-known that CBD is a non-psychoactive cannabinoid compound extracted from cannabis or hemp. But as I think, it depends on individual predisposition. I was starting from very small portions of marijuana, but after then I hardly live without it. You can find out all the necessary information about https://www.koalitymedicinals.com/does-cbd-affect-birth-control/ the medical effect of the CBD here. Thank you for attention.

netman

WKR
Since my heart attack in 2017 I am ashamed to say that I’m scared to go to sleep at night. I’m afraid I won’t wake up. I used to sleep like a baby and now I just don’t want to close my eyes.
I read up on CBD for its sleep benefits.
As Brokenarrow mentioned I found a supplier who provides all the data of their products.
I bought some test samples to try.
I sleep like a baby again. If I forget to take my CBD I find myself laying there thinking again.
After my mule threw me in Montana while elk hunting and injuring me I wallowed around in bed all night in misery. I would take a dose and would conk out shortly.
I would have never been allowed to use CBD when a LEO but now that I’m retired it don’t matter.
CBD has worked well for me.

Last edited:

Beendare

WKR
FWIW! Ive got a couple bad discs in my back, arthritis etc....

I tried the CBD protien powder in my morning kale shake And the topical oil in problem spots.........no noticeable difference.

Western_hunter87

Lil-Rokslider
i am currently consulting for the cannabis and hemp industry. Lots of benifits of CBD and THC as well for recovery healing, stretching, sleep aid. Its amazing if you use it correctly

fwafwow

WKR
Classified Approved
i am currently consulting for the cannabis and hemp industry. Lots of benifits of CBD and THC as well for recovery healing, stretching, sleep aid. Its amazing if you use it correctly
Serious question - are there any studies (ideally interventional) that cover the benefits? I tried, without a whole lot of effort, to find them but didn't see much.

Western_hunter87

Lil-Rokslider
Similar to the drugs currently available, nightly marijuana use leads to addiction that requires more and more doses. If we talk about medical indications, then I also have no interest in who and how used these substances. I was prescribed small doses after a heart attack to calm me down, but this medical substance can be bought on kratom online site, and not everywhere it is sold in the right quantity and portions. The use of marijuana to treat insomnia has been associated with side effects that are similar to those associated with standard insomnia therapy. But you can relatively combine it or use it with something else if it is permissible and the doctor does not prohibit it.
lol you dont get addicted to weed...
Serious question - are there any studies (ideally interventional) that cover the benefits? I tried, without a whole lot of effort, to find them but didn't see much.
nobody has been able to use federally funding for long term studies on effects. But i know being on the medical side of the market before it went recreationally, i personally saw so much posativity and elderly people getting off all of these perscriptions pills and getting it down to 1 or 2 things to take a day instead of 20 different pills. Im sure in the next 5 years we will see a lot of breakthroughs and in depth breakdowns when it comes to individual cannabinoids.