cbe and tommy hogg weight?

c5mrr270

WKR
Anybody know the weight difference between the CBE TEK hunter and the spot hogg tommy hogg? Thanks in advance.

rye_a

Lil-Rokslider
I don't know the weights, but the Tommy is a tank. I just swapped out the Tommy mount for a Hunter because it weighed way too much. I never really used the slider anyway.

OP
c5mrr270

c5mrr270

WKR
Thanks for the replys. I do like how tough the tommy hogg is but it does look like it would be quite a bit heavier than the CBE TEK Hunter. For you guys that have the CBE is it proving to be fairly durable?

Slim Jim

WKR
I didn't know that the Tommy Hogg and Hogg Father were so heavy. I have the hunter and love it but was looking for an adjustable pin to shoot farther distances. I think that I will stick with what I have and save the $400 +

OR Archer

WKR
Yeah the Tommy Hogg is a bit heavy but it can take a beating. I fell while elk hunting and smashed my sight hard on a rock. Nothing moved. It was as solid as the day I left for my hunt. Ill sacrifice a little weight for that kind of reliability in the back country any day.

I have been running the same CBE (minus housing) for three years now and haven't had any issues! I even hunt with the mechanism unlocked for faster adjustments and it doesn't move/slide anywhere. I took a good little spill this year threw on my Hamskea Third Axis leveler made sure things were all back together and bubbled up and a day later my big 3X3 was on the ground!

J-Daddy

WKR
The other thing I didn't like on the Tommy was that it's kind of slow to adjust compared to a CBE or Ascent...I didn't have mine very long but I never could get used to moving it.

rye_a

Lil-Rokslider
I didn't know that the Tommy Hogg and Hogg Father were so heavy. I have the hunter and love it but was looking for an adjustable pin to shoot farther distances. I think that I will stick with what I have and save the $400 +

Let me know if you are interested in picking up a Tommy mount. It only takes about 1 minute to swap out the head.

Rent Outdoor Gear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I think they named it Tommy after Chris Farley in Tommy Boy! It's heavy, but I really like the durability. I took a massive crash on mine - full body weight onto the pin guard on solid rock (feet slid out instantly on a slick branch under snow) and I caught myself with the bow on a boulder. I was so sure it was whacked way off that I hiked out and shot the target I had in the truck. Wasn't going to risk wounding something...

2" off at 50 yards! I was shocked (and pissed that I hiked out a mile and 1000 feet of elevation). I don't think most sights would have survived without reapirs, let alone maintain sight-in! I gave it a few clicks and went back to hunting.

Coop

OP
c5mrr270

c5mrr270

WKR
I have been running the same CBE (minus housing) for three years now and haven't had any issues! I even hunt with the mechanism unlocked for faster adjustments and it doesn't move/slide anywhere. I took a good little spill this year threw on my Hamskea Third Axis leveler made sure things were all back together and bubbled up and a day later my big 3X3 was on the ground!

So were you just double checking with the hamskea, or was the sight knocked out of whack?