CBE sight with .010 pins

So I ordered and have been shooting the CBE hybrid 5 pin slider.

I ordered the smaller diameter .010 pins.
I cant see the pin heads hardly at all, even when I turn on the light.
Does anyone else have this issue?

My original thought was it would be better for longer shots, not covering the focus point, but it isn't.

My options at this point are:
Order the new sight again with the bigger pins at $350
ouch

Maybe install a magnification lens ?
Anyone do this for hunting set up?

I have to look harder at the pin installation and see if I can install new pins, but with these set ups they are usually a pain.

OR Archer

WKR
Honestly the .019 pins aren't much brighter in my opinion. If it were me I'd sell it and get a custom Black Gold Ascent or a Spot Hogg. Much brighter and tougher pins.

OP
mfllood3800
thought about selling it for sure.
The rhino pins in it are decent just too small IMO

I looked at the BG and the Hoggs... I am wanting a 5 pin that I can remove the 5th one (only desire 4) and a slider that is large enough to read quickly w/o having to don my glasses.

jmez

WKR
Had the same sight and the same problem. I sent it back to CBE and had them put .019 pins in the sight and it worked well for me. I could see the them fine. I think the pins are $20 each and they do the switch for free. They will send you the old pins back with the sight and you can sell them on AT for $10 each in short order.

I have .010 in my axcell armortech, and sometimes have just the opposite problem. When i used to do a lot of 3d, I actually had to tape the sight up as I would get a lot of glare off the pins.

Magnification isn't a good idea. Lots of setup issues and you can't just pull the lens out. You have to resight in every time you do it (at least I did).

Sounds like CBE will take care of you, but if you were to switch sights completely, the axcell is pretty good with the small pins.

Just another option.

OP
mfllood3800
I reached out to CBE and explained my situation and they replied.
Offered me a new sight housing with larger pins installed for a great price.
This is exactly what I was wanting

Great customer service for sure