CBE Tek Hybrid in Cerakote shipping now

Can't wait to get mine. I have cerakote on a custom rifle and it cut down the glare nicely. tic toc

Danielboone

Lil-Rokslider
I've read from a few guys that have received their Tek Hybrids that the pins are no where as bright as the BG pins. I also have one on order but not really something I want to hear as I do not like to use lights. May have to go back to my Scent if that is the case.

OP
Bowhuntr64
Yeah, I have seen the pins; they are not as bright as the BG. Part of this is because they have less fiber exposed to light and also because the pins do not flare the fiber at the ends, making them smaller and look less bright. The MBGs will give you an extra couple minutes of shooting light...but for those couple minutes, you can use the sight light on a very low power. It is nice that the sight light shines into the fiber housing directly, and not on the pins. Sight lights on the pins are absolutely useless; they create so much glare that you can't see anything thru the housing ring.

The plusses of the CBE's far outweigh the benefits of brighter pins, in my opinion.

Yeah the CBE pins are definitely not as bright as the BG's. I am using a Tek Hybrid right now with .010 pins and am probably going to step them up to .19 to get the brightness where I like it. The pins on my Ascent are all .010 except the top pin and they are almost too bright sometimes.

Danielboone

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah the CBE pins are definitely not as bright as the BG's. I am using a Tek Hybrid right now with .010 pins and am probably going to step them up to .19 to get the brightness where I like it. The pins on my Ascent are all .010 except the top pin and they are almost too bright sometimes.
Steve are you still running that 10% off special?

OP
Bowhuntr64

I was advised to order my CBE pins one size larger than the MBG pins; glad I did.

Juan_ID

WKR
Classified Approved
Yeah, I have seen the pins; they are not as bright as the BG. Part of this is because they have less fiber exposed to light and also because the pins do not flare the fiber at the ends, making them smaller and look less bright. The MBGs will give you an extra couple minutes of shooting light...but for those couple minutes, you can use the sight light on a very low power. It is nice that the sight light shines into the fiber housing directly, and not on the pins. Sight lights on the pins are absolutely useless; they create so much glare that you can't see anything thru the housing ring.

The plusses of the CBE's far outweigh the benefits of brighter pins, in my opinion.

Just curious, what are the +'s of a CBE over MBG?