CBE Tek hybrid

rhendrix

WKR
I've heard from a reputable source that the CBE pins in the Tek-Hunter aren't very durable, any truth to that? I was gonna pick of one these up, but I'm leaning toward a MBG Ascent.

I've heard from a reputable source that the CBE pins in the Tek-Hunter aren't very durable, any truth to that? I was gonna pick of one these up, but I'm leaning toward a MBG Ascent.

I really like my MBG Ascent, 5 pin on a Vengeance base. I am considering getting something new on my new bow, just for kicks. If I do, I will keep the Ascent on my back up bow. I have really liked it. The pins are more like blades than little wires.

Lawnboi

WKR
im interested in hearing about the rhino pins. Im looking for a new site for my backup bow, the only thing scaring me away from the CBE sites are the pins.

I really can't find much info on them, other than that they cost more to buy than the ones that come on the sights...so they must be stronger :)

luke moffat

Super Moderator
Thanks guys I guess I'll wait for a 2013 model to upgrade my current POS sights.

J-Daddy

WKR
I've got the Rhino pins on my Tek Hunter...I don't know that they are a ton stronger, the fiber is better protected because it threads through the inside of the pin. The one thing I do know is that blue fiber in the .010 size pin freakin SUCKS!!! I'm running 3 .019 pins and my 4th is a .010 and it might as well not have any fiber in it cause you can't see the blue worth a damn in that tiny pin...I'm gonna swap it out for green I think.

Just ordered a 2013 CBE Tek Hybrid in Patriot Brown. Thanks to the input of people like J-Daddy and Evan, I got the top pin in .029 and the other four in .019. I heard that CBE does not flare the ends of their fibers, so they are actually the size listed and not larger, like most other company's pins. I also heard not to get blue, so I didn't :) The light is supposed to be much better in the new model, and they come standard with Rhino Pins and third axis adjustability.

Attachments

• tek_hybrid_cerakota.jpg
    tek_hybrid_cerakota.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 31

Craig4791

WKR
Just ordered a 2013 CBE Tek Hybrid in Patriot Brown. Thanks to the input of people like J-Daddy and Evan, I got the top pin in .029 and the other four in .019. I heard that CBE does not flare the ends of their fibers, so they are actually the size listed and not larger, like most other company's pins. I also heard not to get blue, so I didn't :) The light is supposed to be much better in the new model, and they come standard with Rhino Pins and third axis adjustability.

Is this the one with the sight tape on the back instead if the side?

I may try one of these out as well and compare it to the Hogg Father I have coming.

Who did you order it through?

Is this the one with the sight tape on the back instead if the side?

I may try one of these out as well and compare it to the Hogg Father I have coming.

Who did you order it through?

Yep. I got it thru The Archery Hut in CO Springs. Just PM Evan Williams or give him a call at the shop. It is officially called Bill Pellegrinos Archery Hut. Great guys; great shop!

Attachments

• tek_hybrid_rearangle.jpg
    tek_hybrid_rearangle.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 23

Craig4791

WKR
I saw the Patriot Brown version of this sight on Respect the Game last night; the TV show sponsored by Elite. Looked nice!

Right on! Thanks Bowhuntr64

Called Evan today and put in an order on a four pin patriot brown Tek Hybrid. Going to run it on my Hoyt and the Hogg Father on my MR6 to see which one i like better.

Whisky

WKR
I am considering this sight as well. I've never owned a slider before. I've always believed in keeping it simple, and durable. I'm making the trek this weekend to go pick up my new bow and I'm not even bringing the whisker biscuit to put on. I bought a Trophy Taker Smack Down Pro to try out for a bit. Now, I'm considering a slider sight, with 4-5 pins though. The only ones I've looked at are the Tommy Hogg and this Tek Hybrid so far. If I experience massive failures with my dropaway and slider sight, I'm blaming Rokslide for influencing me to get with the times!!! Kidding of course. :D And my current Spott Hogg doesn't adjust for 3rd axis, so that's another reason I'm considering an upgrade.

One thing I'm wondering though, we can't use sight lights here in ND. Will that hinder me with the Tek Hybrid, as some of you have expressed the pins aren't the brightest?? Thinking of going .29 for the first pin and .19 for the other 3 or 4. Is that reason enough to go with the Spott Hogg?

I am considering this sight as well. I've never owned a slider before. I've always believed in keeping it simple, and durable. I'm making the trek this weekend to go pick up my new bow and I'm not even bringing the whisker biscuit to put on. I bought a Trophy Taker Smack Down Pro to try out for a bit. Now, I'm considering a slider sight, with 4-5 pins though. The only ones I've looked at are the Tommy Hogg and this Tek Hybrid so far. If I experience massive failures with my dropaway and slider sight, I'm blaming Rokslide for influencing me to get with the times!!! Kidding of course. :D And my current Spott Hogg doesn't adjust for 3rd axis, so that's another reason I'm considering an upgrade.

One thing I'm wondering though, we can't use sight lights here in ND. Will that hinder me with the Tek Hybrid, as some of you have expressed the pins aren't the brightest?? Thinking of going .29 for the first pin and .19 for the other 3 or 4. Is that reason enough to go with the Spott Hogg?

The sight light is just good if you're inside a ground blind or something like that. They are not legal here in CO as well, but I also hunt in other states where they are legal. The sight light is a very, very minor part of the plusses of this sight! I would keep the first pin .029, and the lower ones .019. They will gather light a bit better, and are plenty small enough for distant targets.

You will like a multi pin slider! Most of time, you will just use the regular fixed pins...but for those long shots, when conditions are perfect, or you are trying to finish off an animal at long distance, dialing it down and putting a pin right on the boiler room is much easier than guessing pin gap.

The pins are not as bring as MBG, which I currently have as well, but they are plenty bright.

Right on! Thanks Bowhuntr64

Called Evan today and put in an order on a four pin patriot brown Tek Hybrid. Going to run it on my Hoyt and the Hogg Father on my MR6 to see which one i like better.

Good move, Craig! Hope you like it! I have a MBG Ascent 5 pin on my other Hoyt...so we will both be experimenting a bit!