CBE Tek hybrid

garrickt

Lil-Rokslider
Just picked one of these up. I am very impressed with the quality of this sight. My first experience with CBE and I am glad I chose it. It is set up on my Athens Accomplice 34 for 3d and I will be taking it to CO for my first elk hunt next fall. I may move it over to the Accomplice 32 for that though.

I LOVE ME SOME CBEs!!!

2010-11-20_11-48-45_51.jpg

IMG_0211.jpg

IMG_0532.jpg

IMG_1250_zps3a90ca3e.jpg

I plan on having one on for a long LONG time :)

I personally am running a CBE Tek-Hunter bc its a little lighter than the Hybrid and I am not a fan of the XL housing. I run a 3 or a 5 pin and feel that an XL housing with that step-up is just wasted space and range.

OP
G

garrickt

Lil-Rokslider
I like the smaller heads as well, I got it with the multi pin scope housing. Running 4 pins right now but might remove one. I may go with the dovetail for the other bow later this spring after I shoot this for a while, we'll see.

It's one thing for someone to "say" they are using a specific piece of equipment its another, in my opinion, to see that it was used :) That's why in most of my "hero" shots the bow is in front so that you can look and see what gear I was running.

Jared Bloomgren

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have been using CBE sights for several years and have had very good results! I put my equipment to the test and they hold up exceptionally well! This year I used the Tek-Hybrid and it is my favorite sight to date! I run 6 pins with the first 3 being .019 and the last 3 .010. Of course my bottom pin is my floater and dialed in out to 130 yards. Be sure to check out my article on CBE sights!

J-Daddy

WKR
I'll agree with Evan, they are plenty bright to hunt with...I'm kinda spoiled, I've shot Black Golds for years and they are about as bright as they get...I think the CBE's are on par with Spot Hogg's as far as brightness goes. I recently picked up another CBE TEK, same as the one Evan uses with 3 pins and the small guard on it...Fibers are jacked on mine, so I ordered some new TOUGH FIBER to go on it. I always liked the Ascent from Black Gold a lot but I really like the action on the CBE better and I like the smaller diameter on the pins, the pins on the BG sights are to thick and blocky I think.

Danielboone

Lil-Rokslider
I'm trying to decide if I should get the new Tek Hybrid for my new Elite in Ceracote. Looks like they made some nice upgrades. I have two Ascents and really like the pin brightness. I hate to give that up and I don't like to use a lighted sight. Some guys have put Viper housings on them?

J-Daddy

WKR
I'm trying to decide if I should get the new Tek Hybrid for my new Elite in Ceracote. Looks like they made some nice upgrades. I have two Ascents and really like the pin brightness. I hate to give that up and I don't like to use a lighted sight. Some guys have put Viper housings on them?

If you want to run a single pin the Viper scope is the way to go....I shot one for 3-d last year and that Viper scope has a bright little pin it.

Danielboone

Lil-Rokslider
If you want to run a single pin the Viper scope is the way to go....I shot one for 3-d last year and that Viper scope has a bright little pin it.

Thanks. Is it brighter than the pin that comes with the Tek Hybrid?

J-Daddy

WKR
Thanks. Is it brighter than the pin that comes with the Tek Hybrid?

Yeah it's brighter than CBE's single pin scope if that's what your comparing it to. If your talking about the CBE multi pin sights, yeah the Viper single pin scope is brighter than those too. The Viper scope has a spooled fiber on it, so they are really bright.

weaver

WKR
How well does a viper housing fit on a cbe being that the threaded rod is in the center of the viper housing vs in the bottom like the cbe housing

J-Daddy

WKR
How well does a viper housing fit on a cbe being that the threaded rod is in the center of the viper housing vs in the bottom like the cbe housing

They fit fine...The Viper works really well on the CBE's and a lot of guys use them.