Celeb Hunters Posting Unit/Location

sndmn11

WKR
that’s like saying I want more guys to sleep with my girlfriend. Have fun!

I can only assume your reasoning is more hunters = more hunter votes? Not sure how non-residents help that. If you want hunting to grow you need more residents. That being said it’s a lost cause. The general population is growing too fast for the voting hunters to catch up and have an impact on the ballot. The other possibility is you just want more people in the woods, but that makes even less sense.

I guess you need to read slower because I specifically said Colorado residents.
1600111197249.png

Your analogy is silly; I don't own any elk that nobody else has equal claim to, none are "mine". I also don't own my wife and she has something cool called free-will because she is not an animal or anything else that can be owned. She is a person.

In limited units there would not be more people in the woods. I still haven't seen an example of a hunt code in Colorado that the points required to draw grew at a statistically greater rate than the rest of the field.

I think that the more support and participation in hunting the better.

I could care less if there are more hunters in OTC units, that is what public land and the animals are specifically managed for.

I keep landing on wondering why hunters who present themselves as being successful would rather discourage other hunters from simply participating in general, than saying nothing, or being a positive educational influence?

Gobbler36

WKR
that’s like saying I want more guys to sleep with my girlfriend. Have fun!

I can only assume your reasoning is more hunters = more hunter votes? Not sure how non-residents help that. If you want hunting to grow you need more residents. That being said it’s a lost cause. The general population is growing too fast for the voting hunters to catch up and have an impact on the ballot. The other possibility is you just want more people in the woods, but that makes even less sense.
Haha

Never understand the “ i want hunting growing” BS we dot need more people in the woods to have an impact at a ballot just cant have jackasses on YouTube and every other social platform spearing a bear or other raw realities for the man buns to see and get their feelings hurt and we don’t have to worry for the future of hunting. Keep it out of sight out of mind and it will keep chugging along.

sndmn11

WKR
Then I’d suggest typing out the units you hunt, and the specifics within those units, for all the handout wanna be’s that come here seeking unit specific information, so they can get on with their DIY (lol) elk hunts.

The funny thing about that is anytime I see questions about the units I hunt, I reach out to that person and give them all the help they want. I offer my help with meat care, and let them know I am happy to help in any way.

Ucsdryder

WKR
The funny thing about that is anytime I see questions about the units I hunt, I reach out to that person and give them all the help they want. I offer my help with meat care, and let them know I am happy to help in any way.

well crap! Where do you hunt? I could always use some extra help!

3forks

WKR
I’ve posted this pic before, but I think you just need to look at skiing to see what affect a significant increase in participants can have on a limited resource.

How many of these skiers waiting to get on the gondola do you think thought this line was worth enduring?

This pic is from a big powder day in Vail. For anyone who doesn’t know, when a ski area receives more snow than others - it makes a lot of people want to ski there because the conditions at that mountain on that day are going to be best. I don’t think publicizing a unit on the Internet is whole lot different from people watching the snow report and seeing Vail got a 18” of new snow... You’re going to have a whole lot more people going there.

Also, for the sake of argument, I don’t think anyone really claims ownership of Vail as their spot/or mountain, but I would bet that is the favorite ski area for a lot of people in this pic. I mention that, because I see a lot of posts talking about “spots”, and it’s always in the terms of ownership. I think people take that too literally.

1600112434100.jpeg

Gerbdog

WKR
[/QUOTE]
View attachment 215499
[/QUOTE]
Sub out snowboards and skis for backpacks and bows and you have a great picture of the trailhead i parked at this year! It was 50/50 recreation and hunting though, and it was labor day weekend so.... still curious how they all did with the snowstorm that blew in this year

Gobbler36

WKR
I’ve posted this pic before, but I think you just need to look at skiing to see what affect a significant increase in participants can have on a limited resource.

How many of these skiers waiting to get on the gondola do you think thought this line was worth enduring?

This pic is from a big powder day in Vail. For anyone who doesn’t know, when a ski area receives more snow than others - it makes a lot of people want to ski there because the conditions at that mountain on that day are going to be best. I don’t think publicizing a unit on the Internet is whole lot different from people watching the snow report and seeing Vail got a 18” of new snow... You’re going to have a whole lot more people going there.

Also, for the sake of argument, I don’t think anyone really claims ownership of Vail as their spot/or mountain, but I would bet that is the favorite ski area for a lot of people in this pic. I mention that, because I see a lot of posts talking about “spots”, and it’s always in the terms of ownership. I think people take that too literally.

View attachment 215499
Best example I’ve seen on what we are trying to say
Please go post this on the “spot burners” thread in the general forum

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I find it funny when people don’t understand point creep. While there aren’t any “secret” spots, there are plenty of spots that can be hunted every 1-3 years. Someone starts talking about success in said spot and it doesn’t take long for the applications in that specific unit to skyrocket making a 1-3 year wait double in a year. @robby denning said something like 10k unique IP address log into rokslide daily. Feel free to correct my if I’m wrong. Even if .5% of those are looking for a unit that’s 50 people a day considering a unit. Doesn’t take long to impact point creep dramatically. So enough with the “there are no secret spots“ BS.
Ryan's got those numbers.

While there are no secret spots, posting drainages, units, etc. just focuses pressure and applications, so I don't like it. The last full paragraph of this blog post sums up how I feel about the issue: https://www.rokslide.com/whats-a-buck-pasture/