cell cam not sending pics quickly

bnsafe

WKR
so I made my first foray into the cell cam world. I bought a muddy brand. for the first couple weeks it was sending pics to my phone within 4 to 5 minutes of them taking. since then its only sending pics at random times and seems like it is hours later. I did change the setting from pics 24 hours a day to 6a to 8p, but I dont get pics even if they are taken at 730 until the next morning. I also went onto the stealth cam and downloaded that onto my computer. Those are the only 2 changes I have made.
any thoughts on why its changed from almost instant to hours later?

northernalpine

Lil-Rokslider
Batteries perhaps? Only other options I can think of is 1) your service provider throttled your data rates after the first xxx amount of data used or 2) a change in service provider coverage from the local cell tower.

OP
B

bnsafe

WKR
I think it was the to many pics thing. I upgraded to more pics and its fixed. Im only gonna use it for one more month so not a big deal.

Bigboone1988

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve heard stealth cam is having problems with their system and a lot of guys aren’t receiving pics.

I have 2 Muddy cams (who are owned by the same company as Stealth Cam and use the same app). Since around 9/14, i have had issues with cameras getting pics at their expected times. GSM Outdoors has stated its a server issue or something on their backend.

It is extremely frustrating.

KHNC

WKR
Browning app is super damn slow over the last month. Supposed to be instant , but i get random pics hours after. Last two years all were perfect. Have 3 on the app, and one is brand new.

We had the slow issue this season, but I noticed when I would open the app it would ping for about 2 hours everytime a new pic uploaded. After that I would get new pics, but not notifications of the new pics being uploaded.

I wish I could afford another Reconyx. I have two from years ago that aren’t cellular.

But have four Tactacam and when it takes a pic I usually receive within a minute.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk