Cell phone batteries in the cold

I was just reading the thread on cell phones and OnX vs GPS and was wondering if anyone else has trouble with their cell phone battery playing dead when it gets cold. I use the Huntstand app for deer hunting and would go with just my phone but the phone I have now and the one before shutdown when they get cold due to low battery. Plug them into a charger and wallah 30-40% immediately. I have had cheap power banks pull the same trick. I still carry my GPS because it never does this. Your experiences?

I have had the same experiance and it is hard to keep the phone warm, its worth keeping it in a breast pocket close to your body. WHat temps do you play around in?

- - - Updated - - -

What temps do you find this happening at?

OP
C
It happened yesterday and the temp was just above freezing. Had the phone in my vest pocket. I've had it happen at slightly warmer temps with my phone in the top of my bino harness.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

bnoble318

FNG
I recall reading somewhere a few years ago that iphones are wose in the cold than samsung due to the battery they use. It's frustrating. bring an external charger, a handwarmer, and airplane mode is your friend.

Pfeiffer97

Lil-Rokslider
I have a LG mine will last all day as long as I have it in a pocket thats warm when its not in use.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk