Cell service cameras

KaelBear

FNG
Just curious to people’s experience w cellular cameras and opinions on who offers the best quality

pirogue

WKR
Don’t have one, but do know some states are considering(May have already done) making it illegal to use near or in season. No different than not being able to hunt the same day you fly in/over a spot. For private property, probably nothing I’d worry about.

bradb

WKR
I have used a few and friends who use many more. We use a covert in KS(live in WI) at times it has worked great with solar, then a squirrel will chew a with or something like that and its a pain in the ass being 10 hrs away. That of course not a fault of the camera. I have 1 moultrie that I won and using it here, works good. Do I think either is as good as my non cell Recoynx, nope. Slower and it may just take the 1 pic until don't sending, which can take 2-3 minutes. Just set up a Cuddie link system here and its working great. I have 6 cameras linked and its set to send me a email whenever it gets 12 pics in. There is only 1 cell plan to pay for for the 6 cameras

Just curious to people’s experience w cellular cameras and opinions on who offers the best quality
I have found they are good just for answering a very general, are animals here or not question. This is because they typically don’t take as many pics as often due to battery life concerns. Mine often miss the whole group so may not give a good sense of animal quality. So, if you put them on food or water they work well (Not trails) and are useful mostly in a new area. I often have to put them in a less than ideal spot because of no service in the spot where I really want to put them.

bradb

WKR
Kind of what I was saying with our Covert and only basically taking pics every 2 minutes plus. Now what I am seeing from the Cuddy and I think how it really works(limited use so far) I have set on 15 second delay is all and you get pics on that time frame. It may take a while to send all of them. I had a buddy put one over food in KS and said he had night pics sending to him most of the day

I just set out a Spypoint link dark and so far I’m really impressed with the interface. The cudde link system seems more economical but their detection circuits don’t score favorably which probably isn’t an issue on food/water but most of our cams in MN are on trails.

Piercecounty2018

Lil-Rokslider
The Bushnell wireless trophy camera (I think I paid $350 from cabelas) works pretty great. Used a lot of juice and batteries needed swapped weekly if you’re taking a lot of photos. Lots of standard settings. Fair wireless plan ($9-$30 month based on data usage).
upload directly to your phone or laptop in minutes from taking the photo.E0B3F396-882F-476E-91AD-F93816A69FC7.jpegB71E9CFC-F4D6-4933-A60C-320D29716A2B.jpeg

Aswob5

FNG
Kind of what I was saying with our Covert and only basically taking pics every 2 minutes plus. Now what I am seeing from the Cuddy and I think how it really works(limited use so far) I have set on 15 second delay is all and you get pics on that time frame. It may take a while to send all of them. I had a buddy put one over food in KS and said he had night pics sending to him most of the day
How’s the service in your area for the camera in correlation with your phone service. I have land out in Western KS I’m looking to put a few on. My phone will show a bar or 2 of service. Thought about getting a signal booster for them. I like the Idea of the Cuddy system or a Spartan

bradb

WKR
In WI my US Cellular phone will not function at all in the bottom of the valley where the Verizon Cuddy will send pics no problem. At my house in town Verizon will NOT work at all and I have 5g us Cellular. So it can be a tough one to answer. Where at in West KS? We have a lease near Ellis and Verizon works better then AT&T. Now to keep the waters muddy with signals: There is a place or 2 on the top of the KS property(yes we have big cuts) where the Verizon struggles and AT&T works, and move a little bit and it changes. We do believe that it could be the wind turbines screwing with one of them, but just a guess.

Aswob5

FNG
In WI my US Cellular phone will not function at all in the bottom of the valley where the Verizon Cuddy will send pics no problem. At my house in town Verizon will NOT work at all and I have 5g us Cellular. So it can be a tough one to answer. Where at in West KS? We have a lease near Ellis and Verizon works better then AT&T. Now to keep the waters muddy with signals: There is a place or 2 on the top of the KS property(yes we have big cuts) where the Verizon struggles and AT&T works, and move a little bit and it changes. We do believe that it could be the wind turbines screwing with one of them, but just a guess.
I’m just west if you a little over by Quinter. I have a few of those cuts like you mentioned and my service is almost non existent there. I have Verizon for my cell and it’s right on the edge of 1 sometimes 2 bars of LTE when I’m out of the cuts. I’ll have to check in on the AT&T.

corncob

WKR
Spypoint just came out with a Cell Link module that you can add to ANY camera. I’ve got one in order to try out, because I can move it between cameras but also use the brand of camera I want, as I haven’t had great luck with the detection settings on the SPYPOINT Micro that I have.

It’s only about $50-60.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll throw this out there... pricey.....all designed, manufactured and serviced in US.

Wireless cameras that work off radio frequencies(so cameras can be put in specific locations where there is no cell service or poor service) back to a network cell base that is setup in a location with cell service.

US Border patrol using them for southern border....see video on link
researchers around the world us them for remote research.

https://wildlifeobserver.net/files/resources/Final Report1_3312017a.pdf
(I believe they have mesh network capability now back to the base....this article is a few years old. May want to call them to verify if seriously interested).

.....the owner/designer is the dad of my son's best friend in college.

bradb

WKR
Ya Buckeye was running this WAY before anyone else and probably the gold standard. And yes a price to match. Its basically what Cuddie based theres off to a lesser degree. I have one buddy running it on his Iowa farm, he likes it a lot.

I tried one last year, knowing that it would probably not work because cell phone coverage is spotty on my whitetail lease. If cell service is good, they work well, if not then...

apsudd

FNG
I had a spypoint and returned it, had problems paying for service and pictures were blurry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk