Celsius midi vs Celsius

Usi05

WKR
Hey all,
Looking to make a Sitka combo that works for both western hunting in sept (maybe later in future) and whitetail hunting in Michigan.

Right now I’m running ls core lightweight with heavyweight zip t.

I’m torn now on next piece and I’m torn between Celsius midi and Celsius. I love the kelvin jacket so I’m leaning towards midi and using that as one of my western layers as well as outer layer in mich/Iowa until temps get low in mid Nov. At that point I’m leaning towards fanatic lite or fanatic vest over the top with heavier base layers and bibs.

Anyone have any insight on midi vs standard Celsius?

Can’t seem to find too much online.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kotaman

WKR
The midi is like a Kelvin Active in EV2. The Celsius is more like your Kelvin Light with a soft, fleece exterior. I wouldn’t want to hike far in the Celsius and wouldn't really have a use for it on a Western Hunt as it is pretty bulky and heavy to pack.

i can see the Midi being a “crossover” piece but not the Celsius. Most of the stuff in the whitetail line is not designed for Western hunting but is about as good as you can do in the whitetail woods.

OP
Usi05

Usi05

WKR
The midi is like a Kelvin Active in EV2. The Celsius is more like your Kelvin Light with a soft, fleece exterior. I wouldn’t want to hike far in the Celsius and wouldn't really have a use for it on a Western Hunt as it is pretty bulky and heavy to pack.

i can see the Midi being a “crossover” piece but not the Celsius. Most of the stuff in the whitetail line is not designed for Western hunting but is about as good as you can do in the whitetail woods.

thanks. Exactly how I am leaning. Thinking I can add one more layer in Michigan/Iowa over it when temps get real low.

I cannot stress enough how much I hate being a marshmallow. I’d rather be cold in a tree than be a slightly warmer ball.

OP
Usi05

Usi05

WKR
OP
Usi05

Usi05

WKR
The Celsius Midi is the way to go if you want a jacket that will work as a mid layer for whitetails and an outer layer for western September hunts! The Celsius Midi is very similar to the ultra-popular Kelvin Active Jacket. The main difference being the Celsius Midi uses a less breathable insulation than the Kelvin Active.

Would you or anyone else say kelvin active and midi fit the same for sizing?

Don’t have any midis near me to try on but there are some kelvin jackets at Cabela’s. Want to try and dial in size

1shotgear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Would you or anyone else say kelvin active and midi fit the same for sizing?

Don’t have any midis near me to try on but there are some kelvin jackets at Cabela’s. Want to try and dial in size

The Kelvin Active and Celsius Midi are identical in size. They bassicly the same jacket with different styles of insulation.