Celsius midi vs kelvin aerolite

Does anybody have direct experience with the two jackets?

I am looking for a "do all" puffy to hunt elk, deer and geese with- used as a mid layer under a shell when it's super cold, and as an outer layer when glassing for elk and deer this fall. Want something I can rely on in wet and dry conditions both, that packs down. I am leaning to the aerolite since it's hooded, but the celsius is much cheaper right now. Eurooptic has the celsius on super sale, so I am strongly considering that. I'd like it to be quiet-ish so I can bowhunt whitetails in it if need be, but it doesn't have to be super quiet since it would likely go under a shell if it's real cold.

Anybody used both?

Lowg08

WKR
I have not used both but the Celsius is great. I use it as a mid layer early season outer. With that said. I wouldn’t think of it as a glassing piece. If I was looking for a one and done under a shell I’d look somewhere else. The aero lite reviews turned me off out of the gate so I went with the under armor alpine ops down hoodie not parka. It would be perfect for mid under a shell or stand alone glassing piece. I have the pants and hoodie. I even found them quiet enough to bow hunt whitetail in.

RAPTOR

WKR
I think they're discontinuing it. Celsius midi is a great midlayer, I wore it often under a stratus jacket when it got real cold. It functioned fine as an outer layer too and was quiet enough for me in a treestand. The aerolite is not quiet, quite a bit warmer, and a more generous cut. I had one that I used as a regular outdoor jacket, and wore it in a ground blind once. It's not quiet. I found the original kelvin lite jacket to be much quieter than the aerolite. The celsius isn't going to be a stationary glassing piece, it just not warm enough for that...and I prefer a hood on my outer layer.

OP
E
I think they're discontinuing it. Celsius midi is a great midlayer, I wore it often under a stratus jacket when it got real cold. It functioned fine as an outer layer too and was quiet enough for me in a treestand. The aerolite is not quiet, quite a bit warmer, and a more generous cut. I had one that I used as a regular outdoor jacket, and wore it in a ground blind once. It's not quiet. I found the original kelvin lite jacket to be much quieter than the aerolite. The celsius isn't going to be a stationary glassing piece, it just not warm enough for that...and I prefer a hood on my outer layer.
Interesting. Did the aerolite quite down with time at all?

I'm hoping to find a one and done puffy to take elk hunting and flex into deer, duck goose, turkey and ice fishing but I'm starting to think that's not a thing.... it seems like the compromise for having a quiet puffy is warmth and the penalty for warmth is bulk that would eliminate the option to use it as a mid layer. I really like the celsius midi, but was hoping it would be warmer for glassing in the wind.

Could you wear an aerolite under something quieter?

RAPTOR

WKR
I didn't have it long enough to see if it did, but I don't see how much it could. I tried, but it was still swishy under another layer and way too bulky to bowhunt for me with a layer on top. Kuiu kenai may be what you're looking for or the Cirque from Stone Glacier. Those are about as quiet as I think you're going to get in a puffy from hunting manufacturers. I'd just buy the celsius for a mid layer/treestand and get a cheaper warmer puffy for glassing (Land's End, Eddie Bauer, etc).

Lowg08

WKR
Interesting. Did the aerolite quite down with time at all?

I'm hoping to find a one and done puffy to take elk hunting and flex into deer, duck goose, turkey and ice fishing but I'm starting to think that's not a thing.... it seems like the compromise for having a quiet puffy is warmth and the penalty for warmth is bulk that would eliminate the option to use it as a mid layer. I really like the celsius midi, but was hoping it would be warmer for glassing in the wind.

Could you wear an aerolite under something quieter?
I’m pretty positive you would be happy with the under armor alpine ops down hoodie. It can do all you saying you desire just need to up side your hard shell. I bow hunt in mine. It’s plenty quiet. I’m still in the camp of synthetic under puffy. Best combo. I have mine fixed to where I can use it many different scenarios.

OP
E
I’m pretty positive you would be happy with the under armor alpine ops down hoodie. It can do all you saying you desire just need to up side your hard shell. I bow hunt in mine. It’s plenty quiet. I’m still in the camp of synthetic under puffy. Best combo. I have mine fixed to where I can use it many different scenarios.
I will absolutely check it out! I wish I could put my hands on one locally!

OP
E
If you have a sportsman warehouse. If you were close to me you could look over mine. I’m in western NC
I'm in northern MN. No sporting goods anywhere near me unfortunately, other than Reeds in Walker that has Sitka. That's why I end up with more Sitka than anything lol

Lowg08

WKR
I'm in northern MN. No sporting goods anywhere near me unfortunately, other than Reeds in Walker that has Sitka. That's why I end up with more Sitka than anything lol
Yea. Your quite a ways from me. I don’t know what to suggest other than. Maybe order see how it feels. If you don’t like it send it back.