Center serving

Will_m

WKR
How much unraveling will you tolerate? Mine is definitely unraveled some under the bottom knot on my d loop, but from what I can tell, it isn’t moving further. The top knot and serving under it seem to be fine.

Everything is shooting fine and broadheads do great, so I’m hesitant to reserve and tie another loop on since nothing seems to be an issue. That being said, I suspect it could lead to a problem at the most inopportune time. I don’t know that from experience though.

What’s the brain trust say on this? Re-serve or don’t monkey with something that isn’t a problem?

D.Rose

Lil-Rokslider
If it’s unraveling I’ll cut it all off and reserve. If the serving is still tight I will take a kitchen fork and pull the serving back together. Depends on if its pinching up and messing with my nock fit.

Your serving should not separate. If it does, it needs to be reserved to ensure that your d loop doesn’t slip. Eventually that serving can come unraveled underneath your d loop causing anything from bad shots to an untied d loop at full draw.

OP
W

Will_m

WKR
After arming myself with some youtube knowledge, I'm thinking I'm ready to give a DIY reserve a go. I can't rotate my jig around the string due to the cables and cable rod. What's everybody do to deal with this short of removing the string?

Also. what if I just served the gap in my center serving? Wouldn't that fix it without all the hassle? My d loop seems to be holding fine--no rotation and there's no separation under the top knot.

Trying to avoid starting from ground zero because the bow is tuned and broadheads fly with my field points out to 70. Hesitant to start monkeying with stuff in light of that.

After arming myself with some youtube knowledge, I'm thinking I'm ready to give a DIY reserve a go. I can't rotate my jig around the string due to the cables and cable rod. What's everybody do to deal with this short of removing the string?

Also. what if I just served the gap in my center serving? Wouldn't that fix it without all the hassle? My d loop seems to be holding fine--no rotation and there's no separation under the top knot.

Trying to avoid starting from ground zero because the bow is tuned and broadheads fly with my field points out to 70. Hesitant to start monkeying with stuff in light of that.

You can get your nock point back to the same without much of a hassle as long as you either have an arrow square or an arrow leveling kit, so don’t let the bow coming out of perfect tune scare you too much. I’d center shot is set the up and down is easy to clean up.

To reserve, I’ll press my bow and remove the cables from the rollers/slide. Then use some d loop or paracord to tie the cables to the riser. Once that is tied, slowly release the tension from the press. Pay attention to your bow so as to not cause any weird bending or warping.

You can also remove your cable rod if it’s still in the way. Then re-serve with the bowstring under full tension.

Put everything back once you have re-served, and you’re good to go.