Certainly worth a gander.....but don't delete it just because you don't believe it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lowg08

WKR
Or rocks being pushed up from tectonic plates......and by "or" I mean absolutely.
Here is my question. Ask this. Why would earth seemingly unchanged for several thousand years Why would tectonic plates stop moving in such a way that creates mountains such as Everest stop performing this task. We can not stop it. We can not start it. This should be common and still on going if this was a viable answer.

GSPHUNTER

WKR
Here is my question. Ask this. Why would earth seemingly unchanged for several thousand years Why would tectonic plates stop moving in such a way that creates mountains such as Everest stop performing this task. We can not stop it. We can not start it. This should be common and still on going if this was a viable answer.
Things change over 100's of thousand or millions and millions of years. The earths land mass once was one large continent call Pangea. Come back in a few million years and nothing will look as it does today.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
The plates have not stopped moving, they took millions of years to slowly get to where they are, the geological activity continues. It is very difficult if not impossible to witness changes like that with the human eye. Luckily for us, there are advanced instruments that can measure chances. Do some research, the changes are still occurring.

This is an incredible post. 🤯

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
We do see it happening today. Drive by Girdwood and you can see land that was usable in the 1960 and sank to be a brackish marsh following an earthquake. Look at the active growth of the Hawaiian islands through volcanic activity.

Also, are you really arguing that the earth was covered in 5.5 miles of water (referenced to current sea level) and that water just disappeared in 377 days? Where did it go?

If you want to argue for a young earth, perhaps Everest and the Mariana trench were formed during the same cataclysmic event which also involved global flooding.

MattB

WKR
Also, are you really arguing that the earth was covered in 5.5 miles of water (referenced to current sea level) and that water just disappeared in 377 days? Where did it go?
Exactly. It is funny when people latch onto the most believable aspect/s of a theory while completely ignoring the unbelievable which also must be true for it to withstand scrutiny.

Lowg08

WKR
Yes all good questions but there is suggestive evidence and speculation. We can. It base our opinions on theories from what we read. Looking for definite evidence is difficult. Pangea evidence of fossils being the same and in different areas but once attached. Can not stand up to the question. Does it have the prod of empirical adequacy. Can any hole be punched in it. I’m not arguing just saying. Even Darwin admitted to failing in his death bed and science is now abandoning evolution and embracing intelligent design.

Lowg08

WKR
Exactly. It is funny when people latch onto the most believable aspect/s of a theory while completely ignoring the unbelievable which also must be true for it to withstand scrutiny.
Very difficult to deny a flood that even pagan and secular cultures agree on.

Lowg08

WKR
Very difficult to deny a flood that even pagan and secular cultures agree on.
You guys do realize it was an act of God and many acts of God were documented in secular cultures. It’s very difficult for rebuttal when it involves me typing. I have studied any questionable aspects. I study apologetics the ability defend my beliefs from a Protestant stand point based on biblical truths.

GSPHUNTER

WKR
Here in Southern Cal. there have been many earthquakes in the 50 yers I have lived here. Virtually none have made perceptible changes to the landscape, but in reality the one in 1994 raised parts of the Santa Monica Mts. some 18", but if it had not been reported as such, nobody would have noticed the change. As earth movement goes that was a drastic change in a matter of seconds.

Lowg08

WKR
Everything you believe is based on what you are predisposed to believe in.
This is actually not true. As a new converted Muslim in a country shut off from missionaries. They have dreams of Jesus. I could send you a book if you like. The invisible war or why I believe. I have times of literature. Allot of secular text support biblical claims. Chinese scrolls, Josephus and many more

GSPHUNTER

WKR
We do see it happening today. Drive by Girdwood and you can see land that was usable in the 1960 and sank to be a brackish marsh following an earthquake. Look at the active growth of the Hawaiian islands through volcanic activity.

If you want to argue for a young earth, perhaps Everest and the Mariana trench were formed during the same cataclysmic event which also involved global flooding.
The Mts. were only under water because they had yet to raise to their current height. Millions and millions of years, hell hundreds of millions years.

Lowg08

WKR
Here in Southern Cal. there have been many earthquakes in the 50 yers I have lived here. Virtually none have made perceptible changes to the landscape, but in reality the one in 1994 raised parts of the Santa Monica Mts. some 18", but if it had not been reported as such, nobody would have noticed the change. As earth movement goes that was a drastic change in a matter of seconds.
I’d say that is a drastic change but we would have noticed Everest rising. For another example. Joshua asked for a longer day was recorded in Chinese scrolls during the reign of emperor yeo

Status
Not open for further replies.