Certainly worth a gander.....but don't delete it just because you don't believe it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BuzzH

WKR
DINOSAURhq1.jpg

Kinda neglects to look at other places around the world. North America isn’t the only continent with a fossil record of dinosaurs. The flood proposition would need to be corroborated with similar evidence across the entire planet. And frankly he doesn’t present any evidence other than “look at where everything collected, it HAS to be from a flood!”

Operator

Lil-Rokslider
Although having found soft tissue in 75million year old fossils definately proves that those fossils were not there near that long, science works and if the fossils are just thousands of years old as evidence proves, to believe evolution is ignoring facts, and there are fossils buried on other continents as well. I used to be an athiest, couldn't ignore the lack of transitional fossil species, missing links are missing. National geographic did a doc. on Lucy a supposed early human later the bone was DNA tested just an extinct ape, no follow up documentary on that. One soft tissue sample was found in 2005 Mary Schweitzer of N. Carolina University found collagen fibers in the leg bone of a T Rex. This evidence is nice but the truth of who Jesus is is the real question everyone must decide on, Jesus asks "who do you say I am"

Last edited:

Wvroach

WKR
I personally do believe in a approximately 8000 year old earth and 6 day creation. This guy's argument wasn't the best though, he kept talking about his "evidence" but didn't really delve in to the evidence just a 10 minute lead up and 30 seconds on the subject.

I'd suggest you look into Dr. Grady McMurty, Ken Ham, Dr. Kent Hovind ( his creation series, I don't recommend much of his other stuff).

We are told scoffers will appear and scoff and as such you, (and I) should expect that.

I'll note though, science is observable and repeatable and evolution has yet to be shown to work and is still a theory. We all have a religious belief, be that evolution or creationism. If you believe in the scientific impossibility that life evolved from non life and a primordial soup I'd suggest you step back and maybe listen to the other side as well before throwing judgement.

I've spent hundreds of hours searching and reading both sides arguments to come to where I landed now. Everyone would benefit by doing the same.

Lowg08

WKR
There is global evidence. Even fossils of fish found on Everest which would require a flood of global magnitude.

Lowg08

WKR
Further more. I would not want this guy to be my apologetic teacher. Horrible job. My main theological study is apologetics. He does a horrible job in which makes it more difficult for guys like me to refute when they can quote this guy.

Lowg08

WKR
The rock at the top of Everest is Qomolangma Limestone. It used to be seabed.

Science only really makes more questions, doesn’t really answer much: the more you learn, the more you know there is to learn.
Yup yup. Biggest task is asking if each question if is fits the definition of empirical adequacy. Do not speak to fact unless it fits the definition because it leaves a gap that someone could fill with nonsense. Also ask these things of a statement. Meaning, origin, morality and destiny. If it satisfies these then proceed with standing firm on it

WoodBow

WKR
If you ever find yourself near glen rose texas, there is a place called the creation museum. It is a neat little place and only costs a few bucks to get in. Glen rose is/was a bit of hot bed for fossilized dino tracks and such. The state park there has dino tracks in the river that you can go see if the water is low enough. The museum has a fossilized dino track with a human footprint in it that they said would have had to be made within hours/days. Supposedly they did scans on it to look how the layers are compressed to legitimize it.

What we know of science is what we have observed through our lens of existence as "modern humans". This history has only been documented for a few millennia, and the advances over only the past few hundred years.

We have never once made science. We have only attempted to understand and explain science through observation. Our discovery and use of radiocarbon dating isn't even 100 years old yet, and that understanding is merely from the last 70 years or so from what we have observed in a laboratory setting. We have no way to confirm what we know about it with past data, only speculate that we are correct.

All science we know is from our observed world, so of course it works when looking through our lens in the timestamp we exist in today.

There is more compelling evidence to explain a "young earth" than an "old earth" model. If you get wrapped up in trying to disprove God in the following link, then you've missed the point completely.

This is a long talk, but worth it. When a guy gets a PhD in Geophysics using the tenets of a young earth model to demonstrate rapid plate subduction to explain the observed world we live in today, I sit up and take notice rather than from forum chuckleheads that cheerlead for themselves that actually believe the earth is billons of years old and that the complex human mind evolved from a single cell organism.

Kurt Wise, PhD "What Caused Noah's Flood"

Last edited:

ODB

WKR
If you ever find yourself near glen rose texas, there is a place called the creation museum. It is a neat little place and only costs a few bucks to get in. Glen rose is/was a bit of hot bed for fossilized dino tracks and such. The state park there has dino tracks in the river that you can go see if the water is low enough. The museum has a fossilized dino track with a human footprint in it that they said would have had to be made within hours/days. Supposedly they did scans on it to look how the layers are compressed to legitimize it.

My dad gave me a book on this when I was a kid in the 80s i think it was.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
I'll note though, science is observable and repeatable and evolution has yet to be shown to work and is still a theory. We all have a religious belief, be that evolution or creationism. If you believe in the scientific impossibility that life evolved from non life and a primordial soup I'd suggest you step back and maybe listen to the other side as well before throwing judgement.

I've spent hundreds of hours searching and reading both sides arguments to come to where I landed now. Everyone would benefit by doing the same.
The fact that evolution is a theory hardly invalidates it and that argument should not be used. Gravity is also a theory. As is a spherical earth and the heliocentric model of the solar system.

However, evolution is one of the weaker theories in modern science. It primarily fails with the origin of life. Much of the evidence used to support it can be explained by other means. Even bacterial acquisition of antibiotic resistance is better explained by plasmid exchange and bacterial phages than the creation of new DNA sequences from whole cloth. I postulate that if one where to run a bacterial equivalent of Bacon's disproof of spontaneous generation antibiotic resistance woud not emerge regardless of the number of life cycles.

That said, it is not logical to conclude that if evolution is invalid god must exist, much less one specific God.

If the my God wanted the world to know he existed, everyone would know. "If they do not hear Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded though one rise from the dead."

Truth is, nobody really knows.
Young earth, old earth, doesnt change my faith.
Very accurate and succinct.

Status
Not open for further replies.