Chair for Spotter

I'm looking to get a good light weight chair. Seems like people like the Alite mayfly and the Helinox. I tried out the Helinox at the store and it felt like I was in a recliner and leaned way too far back. The Alite looks the same way.

Does anyone have any other recommendations for a light weight chair with a backrest?

Also not looking for one without legs like the Crazy Creek.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Wrench

WKR
Have you tried using your pack? I keep the waist belt snug, lose the shoulder straps and sit on a pad. It's super stable and no weight penalty.

OP
M
I have not but I'm trying to stay off the ground especially this time of year because of ticks.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

eamyrick

WKR
The Rei lightweight one is good but after carrying it around everywhere last year I decided to just use a KUIU glassing pad and pick my sitting spots better. A chair is ok but not good for downhill slope and is noisy putting together and packing up. When something pops out 300 yards away and I need to move I don’t want to be fiddling with a chair.

Mosby

WKR
I just bought a fold up high back chair at Costco for less than $30 bucks for glassing. It should work for some of the areas I glass and hunt in and will get me off the ground. I am treating with Permethrin for the summer bugs and ticks.

1557356908067.png

In really steep or rocky areas I just use 1 inch foam pads to sit on. Like eamyrick said, some areas won't work well for a stool but its nice to have in the truck when it will.

USMC22

WKR
I just bought a fold up high back chair at Costco for less than $30 bucks for glassing. It should work for some of the areas I glass and hunt in and will get me off the ground. I am treating with Permethrin for the summer bugs and ticks.

View attachment 99302

In really steep or rocky areas I just use 1 inch foam pads to sit on. Like eamyrick said, some areas won't work well for a stool but its nice to have in the truck when it will.
Looks like a knock off for helinox. I don’t like how they sink in to the ground but I’m not hunting above the tree line here in New Hampshire so it’s a bigger problem as the ground is wet before freezing. Would be nice to see one with the “duck” type feet on my Chama Chair.

Mosby

WKR
Looks like a knock off for helinox. I don’t like how they sink in to the ground but I’m not hunting above the tree line here in New Hampshire so it’s a bigger problem as the ground is wet before freezing. Would be nice to see one with the “duck” type feet on my Chama Chair.
I hunt whitetail back east every year and it always seems to rain during buck season. Where I hunt, I normally have to use a tree stand back there. I plan on using it out in a high plains desert area out west, so I think it will be ok on relatively flat ground. Its normally pretty dry. It is just a cheap knock off but for the price, it was worth a try and should get me off the ground a bit. I also have a Helinox that sits lower. I am going to play around with it this week with my spotting scopes and see if if works for me.

USMC22

WKR
I hunt whitetail back east every year and it always seems to rain during buck season. Where I hunt, I normally have to use a tree stand back there. I plan on using it out in a high plains desert area out west, so I think it will be ok on relatively flat ground. Its normally pretty dry. It is just a cheap knock off but for the price, it was worth a try and should get me off the ground a bit. I also have a Helinox that sits lower. I am going to play around with it this week with my spotting scopes and see if if works for me.

Right on. Wasn’t a hit on it being a knock off. Sorry if it came across that way. Was just saying how it drove me nuts using the other chair and sinking in.

I just use the little three legged chairs from Sportsmen's, they're cheap, light and usually get a few years out of them.

Mosby

WKR
Right on. Wasn’t a hit on it being a knock off. Sorry if it came across that way. Was just saying how it drove me nuts using the other chair and sinking in.
No worries. I didn't take it that way. I have a older brother who uses fold up chairs for hunting and is always complaining about them sinking in, so I knew exactly what you were talking about.