Chamber dimensions to allow not cleaning

Flyjunky

WKR
Agree Frank - I primarily utilize SAAMI spec chambers unless the customer expressly asks for something different. If they do, I have a conversation with them around the purpose of having a custom reamer made. If they handload, what components they intend to use, etc....

This matters in this discussion as it pertains to cleaning. "Tighter" chamber fitment, throat fouling, freebore, and cleaning are all affected.
If the chamber is "tighter" than SAAMI and the shooter does not take the proper brass prep and loading actions, there can be issues. In a custom or "SAAMI minus" chamber, the build up of carbon and fouling can have a pronounced negative affect in feeding, pressure, freebore and bullet jump. More carbon in the chamber and throat, the more issues can present over time.
Exactly 👍

Woodrow F Call

Lil-Rokslider
I don't get to shoot nearly as much as I'd like or as much as many here.

I have over 500 rounds on a Tikka. I quit cleaning between 100 and 200 rounds. Nothing really changed. Arguably, groups got better, but that is probably me shooting better.

I don't think oil in an automobile is even a close to a similar comparison. Much different things going on there.