Chamberlin vs. Sanctuary 2.0

waldo9190

Lil-Rokslider
Needing to upgrade my 10 year old guide series jacket and can't seem to decide between the FL Chamberlin or Sanctuary 2.0. Primary usage will be northern MN rifle hunting (November) and potentially late season (Nov/Dec) bow hunting. I guess my main questions is, for anyone with the Chamberlin currently, do you think it would be too loud for bowhunting whitetails? I currently have an Unc 2.0 and wouldn't be afraid to bowhunt in that, but if the Chamberlin is significantly louder I will go with the Sanctuary, as I intent to pick up those bibs as well. Really the only thing holding me back on the Chamberlin is the potential noise, otherwise the Chamberlin really seems like the winner for packability out west and for local hunts where I may be hiking in a ways to public land.

OP
W

waldo9190

Lil-Rokslider
Well I have an update on the performance on the Chamberlin. Been bowhunting with it with morning lows in the mid-20s. Jacket is super warm, and I've been perfectly comfortable with a FL Kiln 1/4 zip, a Klamath grid fleece and the Chamberlin.

Got to full draw on a decent 10 yesterday that was almost directly under me (never got a clear shot) but he didn't hear a thing. Jacket is quieter than I thought it would be (although not silent) but so far I'm very happy with it, and it packs down/carries WAY better in the pack than bulky whitetail oriented layers.