Chance to move back West

Morning folks.

My wife graduates in December from nursing school and at that point we will have an opportunity to move to any of the Pacific NW states.

I recently got promoted so I will travel to my territory of Nevada to Colorado, and NW through Washington and Montana. once per month I live in Iowa currently, by moving to my territory I will be allowed to work from home full time of course.

My requirements- be within an hour of an airport that has domestic flights to Denver, SLC, Portland, Seattle and ideally Vegas. She will be a nurse and would prefer to work in a hospital.

We are both hunters and I fly fish quite a bit, we both enjoy camping and hiking as well. I was initially looking at Sheridan Wyoming, issue there is the airport/lack thereof for flights.

Ideally we can find a town that's in the mountains, or at least quite close. Denver is off the table, entirely too expensive, as is Bozeman.

Mainly considering Wyoming and Idaho. If you had the choice- where would you go?

wytx

WKR
Laramie has a small airport with flights to Denver daily I believe. Good hospital here too, from what I know anyway.
Expensive housing but look during summer when students are away.
Mountains are right here.

Casper would be another good sized town I believe has an airport.

One-shot

Lil-Rokslider
I’ll put in a plug for our chosen area - Elko County, NV. We have an airport with daily flights to the Salt Lake City hub, nice hunting and fishing, NO STATE INCOME TAX, and reasonable land and housing expenses. Our area keeps growing, seeing more hunting pressure, nice high alpine lakes for fly casting…. Only rub here is if you have kids, there isn’t much for them.

Sled

WKR
I’ll put in a plug for our chosen area - Elko County, NV. We have an airport with daily flights to the Salt Lake City hub, nice hunting and fishing, NO STATE INCOME TAX, and reasonable land and housing expenses. Our area keeps growing, seeing more hunting pressure, nice high alpine lakes for fly casting…. Only rub here is if you have kids, there isn’t much for them.

And when the economy shits the bed things get expensive around Elko. Not sure what the op does for work but if the pay doesn't keep up with mine wages then it might be cost prohibitive. The spring creek area is nice and has great access to the Ruby's. Same monetary issues as Elko though.

OP
Jacob Chapman
Hour commute to airport opens some options.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
Yeah for sure. With the pass between Bozeman and Livingston shutting down frequently in the winter it’s tough. I lived in Bozeman for 4 years.

Gorgeous city, entirely out of their minds with home prices. Wish we could!

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I lived in 4 corners when it was a blinking stop sign and had no developments that far west. Sure has changed in a couple decades.

Look towards Manhattan or 3 forks if Montana is on the radar

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Laramie

WKR
Great Falls has a pretty good sized airport- maybe live in the country 30-60 minutes away? That area has much of what you are looking for with the conveniences of a 50k+ town close.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Idaho Falls area. If you only have to be within your self imposed 1hr from an airport it opens a lot of options. World class fly fishing in that area.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Sled

WKR
There are some towns on the Wasatch back within an hour of SLC international which is a delta hub.