Changing packs on Pop up 38

Rufus

Lil-Rokslider
Hello Rokslide. Question for the Mystery Ranch pop up 38 owners. Can you swap the pop up 38 bag out and put a Mule or possibly a Pintler bag on the pop up frame? I seem to remember there was some talk about this being possible, but can’t find any info on it when I search.
Thank you. -Rufus

I haven’t tried to mix and match but I just took my 38 for an overnight backpacking trip. I still love it but really wish MR would have gone with a removable lid. When the pack is full, the lid does not ride well IMO.

OP
R

Rufus

Lil-Rokslider
I haven’t tried to mix and match but I just took my 38 for an overnight backpacking trip. I still love it but really wish MR would have gone with a removable lid. When the pack is full, the lid does not ride well IMO.
I noticed that as well and agree with you 100% on the lid issue.

OP
R

Rufus

Lil-Rokslider
Rufus, The Mule fits the Frame fine,but the bag is about the same size as the 28, so I just stick with the 28.
Ok. That is good to know and something to consider. Thank you. -Rufus

Poeschel how does the bag stay on the frame? I have the Pop Up 38 and my only complaint is the bag doesn't like to sit tight to the frame without either adding other straps or strapping across the front of the bag. Also does anyone know if you can put the pop up bag on other MR frames?

View attachment 307064Here’s a mule on the pop upframe. Other bag is a 38 so yes, it works.
Let me make sure I understand what’s going on here. You have the mule on the pop up 38 frame and a dry bag on the load shelf right? I’m a whitetail hunter from KY with plans to head back out west next year and do a backpack hunt. This is exactly what I’m thinking about doing. I can use the pop up 38 around here chasing whitetail and then add a dry bag for backcountry hunting.

Poeschel

Lil-Rokslider
Let me make sure I understand what’s going on here. You have the mule on the pop up 38 frame and a dry bag on the load shelf right? I’m a whitetail hunter from KY with plans to head back out west next year and do a backpack hunt. This is exactly what I’m thinking about doing. I can use the pop up 38 around here chasing whitetail and then add a dry bag for backcountry hunting.
That’s correct. And my setup is for sale in the classifieds right now….

Poeschel

Lil-Rokslider
Poeschel how does the bag stay on the frame? I have the Pop Up 38 and my only complaint is the bag doesn't like to sit tight to the frame without either adding other straps or strapping across the front of the bag. Also does anyone know if you can put the pop up bag on other MR frames?
If you have a some gear in the bag, it stays tight. If not, it’s a little floppy unless, like you said, strap across the front.

Panicrev

FNG
Here is the fix for the loose bag feel on second gen popup 28 and 38. No additional straps needed.

I know this is an old thread but if you need a popup 28 bag only I have one listed in the classifieds. I no longer need it with the mods I've done on my 28 since I have another pack I would use for backpack hunting.

Here is the fix for the loose bag feel on second gen popup 28 and 38. No additional straps needed.

Thank you so much! Ill have to try that when I get home, I was planning on selling my pack and getting a new one after this season but if that works I'll have to hang onto it!

Thank you so much! Ill have to try that when I get home, I was planning on selling my pack and getting a new one after this season but if that works I'll have to hang onto it!
Did you ever play with it and see the difference? I know you have it posted (may be interested if still up), but curious on thoughts