Changing User Name

Loggerdude

Lil-Rokslider
I changed on this site. This way it’s the same across all forums, never thought I would get into forums, but it’s a lot of fun, have met some great people. Knowing like minded people in this world isn’t easy.

ktran

FNG
Any way for admins to make this update? Feel like OP should be able to edit this as well as admin.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Any way for admins to make this update? Feel like OP should be able to edit this as well as admin.
You can, we just have to Ok it once you change it. Don't want any rated R names.

Click on your Name>Prefences>Change

I have went by this username for 20 years on various forums.

What really baffles me is why people have different usernames on various forums.....
To me, that's very sneaky....

The definite answer is, it can be done but an Admin has to do it.

We don't do it unless there is a valid reason. The only one I've done was a guy who's name referenced a faith he had left. So unless you happen to be BuddistBackpacker and you want to change it up to SitkaSihk don't ask.

Edit:
Just a heads up with the update you can now just put in a request and we can either approve or deny it.
Or if your username is 6.5 Creedmoor…

Sorry I couldn’t resist

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
I need help with changing my username too
Since you’re also from Ohio I’ll help you out, unless you’re a Browns fan 😀. You have to initiate it (see photos) then it waits for approval (we just make sure it’s nothing inappropriate)
8B380DC8-CB97-49D9-B911-325FB4786059.jpeg
FBA49A03-549D-4E1D-A492-63F0A3082A50.jpeg

HIPA39

FNG
I guess choose wisely! Its nice to be able to change name but not so easily that shady characters can every other week to hide..