Charged by a moo cow

Are you sure they're feral? If so, sounds like a freezer filler to me.
Yeah positive. It's illegal to kill them still I guess.
Every now and then a branded one will find its way to the drainage. But that's become a rarity.
Imo they need to distribute tags for people to get meat, or kill them off and give the meat to shelters.

A lot of antis here these days. They insist on humane removal, then go buy ground beef at the store.

Was just on a bow hunt in Colorado. Had one young bull half ass charge my new tundra on a road lol. Then 4 miles into public, some free ranging bulls did not like me and my buddy near their pond. They made a little half ass defensive positioning and then one followed us til it got steep. Never dealt with aggressive cattle before. Was interesting for sure.
Those f*****s will kick your car too when you pass them.

tntrker

WKR
I was coming back from a deer hunt once and came upon our field with cows, steers, and a bull. The bull saw me and started bellowing at me. I had to cross there, or go 2 miles out of the way. I laid down in the tall grass hoping he'd leave but he didn't. He became more aggressive in his tone. That got the neighboring pasture of cows and bulls curious. I guess the other bull was thinking this bull was calling him out. Well, the 1st bull left me to go answer the other crowd growing at the corner fence. I crossed and got on the tractor and drove up to the party just in time to see the 1st bull charge into the 2nd bigger bull, tearing down the fence and disappearing being chased by steers and the other bull. I drive to the other farmers house on the tractor. Get him and find the bulls in a stand off surrounded by all the other steers and cows. That CRAZY OLE MAN gets off the tractor, walking towards the bulls. I holler at him telling him he's gonna get killed. He "awwed" me and walked right between those two pawing, fighting mad bulls , grabbing his (the bigger one) around the neck like a head lock and lead him away. I was sure he was a goner but all his steers and cows followed him away leaving the 1st bull just standing there in amazement, like me. After we picked our jaws up, #1 bull trotted back off to his field. I fixed the fence....

Wprice87

FNG
The worst is a bunch of calves when you’re hunting off the ground. If you’re fully camoed they will stand and look at you forever. You can scare them off but they’re coming right back.

Yeah positive. It's illegal to kill them still I guess.
Every now and then a branded one will find its way to the drainage. But that's become a rarity.
Imo they need to distribute tags for people to get meat, or kill them off and give the meat to shelters.

A lot of antis here these days. They insist on humane removal, then go buy ground beef at the store.
Need to start doing the same thing with all the god damn feral horses.

ToolMann

WKR
Timely post. My son and I, and my buddies truck, were charged by a huge Brahma bull on BLM about 5 years ago when antelope hunting. That thing ran down the fence, around the fence, towards us, and proceeded to chase the truck for a while. But, up until last weeks muzzleloader hunt I had never been scared of a cow. Hiking in about 5:00 AM we bumped a few cows. Stopped, put the headlamp on them, and this big odd colored cow stood up and snorted at us. She didn't seem to be messing around and had a calf. We calmly looped around about 30 yards.

I was Mearns quail hunting in southern AZ two years ago. We came upon some cattle and a cow rammed me and knocked me down. I scrambled back up and she chased me. I got an oak tree between me and the cow and waited for the cow to wander away. My brother just stood there and laughed. It got my heart pounding.

crack it in the head with a stick.....usually convinces them to go elsewhere.......
LOL funny you say that. I've been around cattle my whole life and have only once been charged. That was after throwing two rocks at a bull that I was trying to get through a gate he didn't want to go through. Damn thing turned and ran me right into the bed of my pickup. Good thing it was nearby. I probably deserved it for pissing him off. I had a good belly laugh from the safety of my truck bed. :D

Other than that, nope. Never had a single issue with a cow or bull of any kind.

lak2004

WKR
I've been almost run down by a boar, the ole man had a shovel and smoked him in this face when he got close. Couldn't turn your back on that SOB ever.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

jester87

Lil-Rokslider
use caution wearing leafy wear around cows and horses, had them chase me trying to get a bite. I was like their version of uber eats....

KsRancher

WKR
“Almost always” lo
I had to say "almost" cause it's not quite all the time. Generally they are bluffing. BUT, I have been ate a time or two. I suppose it's like you guys that are around bears all the time. When one comes running at you and wait to shoot it cause it's probablya bluff charge. F&%$ that. Bear running at me I am shooting. A bull that comes walking and bellowing up to me is going to get himself bonked in the nose.

Fatcamp

WKR
Couple weeks ago it took a pistol shot to get them out of my camp. Assholes. A hundred cow/calf pairs that were sure I had the good stuff. One big cow was leading the whole nonsense, shot in front of her and problem solved.

Took the dog next time. They do not like him.

sndmn11

WKR
The cattle where I hunt the last handful of years are buffalo. I have had run ins on national forest with cattle and thought about what I'd do if a buff got weird with me and haven't come up with a good plan. They have been really easy going so far.

Opah

WKR
Most times they are trying to figure what you are especially if in camo, they will watch you walk and even trot towards you trying to get you to run or trot away. The mamas you need to watch your back, if their calf gets spooked they will try to run you off.
The dark is when I get concerned you here these heavy hooves coming towards you at a good clip and you start to think where the Bulls in here this Morning ?