“Charged” movie, Eduardo Garcia

SDHNTR

WKR
Watched this last night. Entertaining if you just take it at face value. But it sure left me with a lot of questions. Someone here has to know the rest of the story...

How the hell was there live and exposed power lines in the middle of the Montana backcountry? Or why was the site there? Or is the site more suburban and not as remote as the movie makes it seem? Public or private land? Also, was there a lawsuit? Sure seems like there would have been, but the inter web seems strangely void of info. Which makes me think it’s been scrubbed as a result of some settlement. Anyway, it was a good watch and I wish the guy the best, but the flick sure left me scratching my head. WTH really happened?

After listening to the Podcast I'm hesitant to watch the movie, makes me cringe just thinking about it

EastMT

WKR
It was a wealthy land owner that brought in power many decades ago basically in a unsafe manor is my understanding. It was across public land as is most power lines but the junction was in a barrel that eventually rotted underground, became exposed.

Brendan

WKR
And yes, it sounds like there was a lawsuit or settlement of some sort if I remember the discussion correctly. Struck me that he didn't want to get into some details because of that.

Been a while since I listened to the podcast on it though.

MtGomer

WKR
I went to a screening of the film that he attended and spoke at. If I recall, there was a settlement. Those type of things usually come with a NDA that prevents those involved from speaking publicly.

I listened to the podcast and watched the film and I have somewhat a different take. First off his girlfriend (now ex girlfriend) is a saint. What she tolerated from him early in the relationship and to stand by him most would not do and second, his dad really needs to learn how to hold a spinning rod and reel.

OP
S

SDHNTR

WKR
I listened to the podcast and watched the film and I have somewhat a different take. First off his girlfriend (now ex girlfriend) is a saint. What she tolerated from him early in the relationship and to stand by him most would not do and second, his dad really needs to learn how to hold a spinning rod and reel.
I had the exact same 2 thoughts! I couldn’t believe he let her go. As for the dad, for a guy that the film portrayed as an expert fisherman in Mexico, he threw that out the window as soon as he had that spinning rod in his hands.