Charging an e-bike while on a trip?

I know there are numerous threads on ebikes. I think I’m gonna grab one of the Rad models - I think it’ll suffice for what I’ll use it for as well as being way more affordable than the other options.

With that said, what are people using to charge these while out on a trip? I could bring a small generator along, but honestly I’d rather have a 12v option if possible.

Anyone have any experience with this that wants to chime in? Thanks.

If you are wanting to charge the bikes battery from your vehicle you can purchase a converter that converts 12 volt to 110-120 and use the plug in charger. Just remember that it takes time to charge a bike battery, and this will likely be slower than if at home.

bsnedeker

WKR
I have two batteries for mine and take a generator with me. I looked into some of the large battery packs but they basically cost the same or more than a small generator and I can use the genny at home if we lose power for a lot longer than one of those battery packs.

With my genny it takes about 4 hours to charge both batteries at the same time which is almost exactly what it takes at home. For my genny that equals about 1 gallon of gas so I just put in one gallon and start it up before I go to bed and I wake up in the morning with freshly charged batteries.