Chassis system on Remington Model 7

NateK

Lil-Rokslider
I recently acquired a Remington model 7 in 7mm-08 and really like the rifle as is in its walnut stock. However, the main purpose of this rifle will be my mountain rifle for backcounty deer hunts etc. I would also really like to set it up in such a way that my kids and I could use it on the same whitetail hunts around home in TN. I will definitely keep the walnut stock but am looking at getting a chassis system like the MDT LSS Gen2 (I can get it for the model seven). This would give me the ability to have a very adjustable stock (quick too) for whomever the designated shooter was. Also, my kids are growing like weeds so something I don't have to saw down would be nice. Seems like I could build a nice sub 8 pound rifle that, if I added a folder, would be super packable and handy but when using it with my kids around home I could bolt on a pound or two worth of weights to help with recoil.

Am I talkin crazy over here? Would I be better off just buying one of the factory chassis rifles currently available or maybe throwing a chassis on my 6.5 creedmoor 700?