Cheap 6.5 creedmoor ammo

Got a new tikka 6.5 cm on the way. My first rifle. Does anyone have a cheap ammo they like to mess around with at the range? Looking at the sellier & bellot 140gr as a possibility.
Thinking maybe hornady for a hunting bullet

Northernpiker

WKR
Classified Approved
Cheap ammo is fun to shoot, if you want to see what your gun can do it's nice to get some good ammo also... ELD-M or some other good bullets. Try some different bullets to see what your gun likes.

OP
Nickjames2000
Cheap ammo is fun to shoot, if you want to see what your gun can do it's nice to get some good ammo also... ELD-M or some other good bullets. Try some different bullets to see what your gun likes.
Thanks, is the eld-m good for hunting too or more of a match bullet?

OP
Nickjames2000
If you pay the shipping, I will send you some Prime ammo. No longer have a creedmor and don’t need/want the ammo. I think I have 40-50?? Rounds. Send me a PM if interested
Thanks might take you up on that!

Northernpiker

WKR
Classified Approved
Thanks, is the eld-m good for hunting too or more of a match bullet?
It's a match bullet but a lot of people use it for hunting. Do a search for information on opinions using it as a hunting bullet. Some other bullets to try are the ELD-X and VLD, hunting bullets. My main point is sometimes some bullets do not shoot good groups out of guns and other bullets group well...and make you happy with your rifle.

OP
Nickjames2000
Got a new tikka 6.5 cm on the way. My first rifle. Does anyone have a cheap ammo they like to mess around with at the range? Looking at the sellier & bellot 140gr as a possibility.
Thinking maybe hornady for a hunting bullet
Tikka t3x lite

wyosam

WKR
I’ve burned through a few boxes of the S&B. Two of the 4 or 5 boxes have shot pretty well- MOAish. Other boxes not so much, kind of all over the place. I bought some Winchester USA ready (or something like that) I’ve only put a few down the tube, but so far they’ve been pretty good. A little under 1” @100, and using factory load data for dope had first shot hits on steel to 600 (those are fairly large targets, though..) gambled and bought 200 on sale, so hopefully they are reasonably consistent. Not S&B cheap, but cheaper than most.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Nickjames2000
Yeah those s&b’s are dirt cheap. Figured they were a good way to break in the gun. Hope those winchesters work out for you!

Fatcamp

WKR
We are reloading ELD-M. It isn't hard and doesn't take much to get started. Hornady once fired brass is what we are using and buying stuff in bulk. I don't remember how much we spend per round but it is a significant savings for a very accurate round.

MikeG

Lil-Rokslider
I picked up some Winchester USA ready 129gr for my son to get some trigger time with a new gun. It shot surprisingly well for around $12.

I picked up a 200 round box of Hornady American gunner at sportsman's warehouse awhile back for about $150. I haven't found any complaints about it's performance.

redbarn

FNG
Federal rebate of $5 per box of 20 on predator ammo here. $15.99 becomes $10.99 for 20 rounds.

Federal 6.5 Creedmoor 95 Grain Hornady V-Max Varmint and Predator