WTB Cheap 6.5

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My little sister wants to get into hunting!
Looking for an affordable 6.5 creedmore to get her into shooting and then for antelope and deer next year.

Savage axis ii?
Ruger American predator?
Something similar along those lines?

Thanks

Sent from my UMIDIGI X using Tapatalk

tanto

FNG
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Can’t go wrong with the Ruger man. For the money it’s a great shooting little gun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

etasker

FNG
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’ve heard good things about the Thompson Center compass. They sell for a cheap $269 around me. I’ve thought about buying one.

fmyth

WKR
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I’ve heard good things about the Thompson Center compass. They sell for a cheap $269 around me. I’ve thought about buying one.

Sportsmans near me had them for $199 in 6.5C. If I hadn't just bought a Howa and a Tikka I would have picked it up. I have a T&C Compass in .300WM and it's a reliable sub moa bargain.

Tannerc

FNG
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one In a TC compass and it has been abused! It’s my truck gun and it rides with me all the time when I’m in stx It’s been super reliable and a pretty darn good shooter.

smokinf15

WKR
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Ruger American. I have one in 6.5 for a truck gun for yotes when I’m bird hunting. It shoots factory hornady .7 MOA. Get the predator. You can add a cheap brake for your sister, it’s threaded.

OP
durangobrad
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sportsmans near me had them for $199 in 6.5C. If I hadn't just bought a Howa and a Tikka I would have picked it up. I have a T&C Compass in .300WM and it's a reliable sub moa bargain.
Current price is $369 at my sportsman's Warehouse

Sent from my UMIDIGI X using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CDNN has the Compass in 6.5C. I set-up a Venture last year for a friend, great rifles for the $$.

And they are blowing out the Dimension with two barrel sets. 22-250 and 7-08 :)

Rating - 100%
4   0   0

The TC venture or compass is an outstanding rifle. The venture is only a few bucks more and is unreal for the $$. I have the weather shield version and my son has the regular one. Both shot deer at 250 & 425 yards this season and both dropped. Best sub $500 stock rifles imo. Second would be the ruger tho unless you can find one of those wal mart deals on a rem 700.