Cheap antelope hunt?

KSArcher06

Lil-Rokslider
I have 4 preference points in WY and am looking at burning them soon. I was wondering if anyone knows of any cheaper yet good antelope hunts in WY. I found one last year for $1500 but than they bought new land and raised there prices quite a bit. Now everything seems to be between $2500-$3000. And I know that’s not a lot of money for most guided hunts but I just can’t talk myself into spending that much for a antelope. I’d also be interested in private land trespass fee type hunting. Thanks for any help

bdan68

WKR
I have a website saved on my computer with $1900 3-day antelope hunts. I'll send you a private message with a link.

wytx

WKR
With your PP no need for a guided hunt. Plenty of good areas and access for your PP.

Rich M

WKR
I went on a DIY in 2017 in a "bad" unit and got 2 goats, had multiple bucks in range from 25 to 350 yards, probably 4 between 100 and 200 yards.

If I can do it you can do it - grab a buddy, split the points and go dutch - you'll have fun. Plan to scout and know that they can spot you it you don't come up behind a bush or something first.

If you are planning archery, it will of course be diff than my rifle experience - find the water and watch em for a day or two before making your move.

OP
K

KSArcher06

Lil-Rokslider
Thank for all the help and pm’s everyone I really appreciate it!

isu22andy

WKR
Do not get a guide whatever you do. I could take a kid in a wheel chair out to a 1 pt unit and kill a goat. Ive gone out twice and both times our party was tagged out by 4pm . Dont let anyone fool you, if you can shoot and walk youll get a good one. The hardest part about antelope hunting is trying not to shoot a 60 inch goat because they look like a 70 inch one.

blb078

WKR
I agree with what others have said with 4 pts in WY about the only way you will not see any lope is by not getting out. You don't even need to wake up early just head out around 8-9am or so and you will probably tag out by lunch.

hoyt-guy

Lil-Rokslider
I have nothing against a guided hunt, but I agree with the others that say you don't need to go guided. I went into the 2017 draw with 2pts, and drew a buck tag. I had never hunted WY before, and wasn't sure what to expect? I made the drive, and hunted only BLM land in my unit. When I got out there, I could not believe the number of goats running around. Very target rich environment. I must've looked over 20 different bucks the first morning, before I punched my tag around noon. I didn't shoot a booner, but for a guy from MN, I was pretty happy with my goat, and he tasted phenomenal!! Fun hunt, and I hope to draw again fall of 2019.