Cheap, available game bag option

I came across these in a Wal-Mart the other day. I was running short of my Allen game bags (down to 2) and I wanted one more for insurance but I didn't want to buy a whole set. So I went over to the pillow aisle of Wal-Mart and found one of these.

Super lightweight, breathable synthetic and it has a zipper. Not bad at all for $3

I would not hesitate to buy more.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Mainstay...MI8Yvgxo-u5QIVR_fjBx1ntwixEAQYASABEgK29PD_BwE

I guess it could work depending on how you use them. I sometimes finding myself grabbing the bag and lifting with the full weight of the meat on the seams. Not sure I would trust that to a pillow case. I would also be concerned about fuzz balls getting on the meat, but that might be eliminated by washing before use.

I can however see myself giving one to my kid (and one for me) to use while small game hunting.

Good find

• Banned
OP
Newtosavage
I guess it could work depending on how you use them. I sometimes finding myself grabbing the bag and lifting with the full weight of the meat on the seams. Not sure I would trust that to a pillow case. I would also be concerned about fuzz balls getting on the meat, but that might be eliminated by washing before use.

I can however see myself giving one to my kid (and one for me) to use while small game hunting.

Good find
These bags are pretty durable. You might be surprised. And no fuzz balls with the microfiber synthetic. Plus they breathe better than any cotton pillowcase.

For less than $3 ea. I might not even bother washing and reusing them. :unsure:

Britt-dog

Lil-Rokslider
Guy I antelope hunted with this year used a bunch of flowery print pillow cases. They worked great, we made fun of him, it was hilarious.

CBreeze

FNG
I had been accustomed to using pillow cases for a few years when I moved to Alaska in 2008. I bought a NR moose tag and black bear tag that first year, and pillow cases in pack sallied forth, not even knowing what a cheechako is. Black bear was a non issue, mY previous experience with them was sufficient as were the pillowcases. A couple months later when I shot a moose, solo, 2 miles from the Jeep- I found the pillowcases were as overwhelmed by the magnitude of the undertaking as I was. I look scared in the self timer “hero shot” but managed to get the meat packed out “no problem” strapped The quarters down between the NICE frame and bag and packed the bones out meat into the bag. the pillowcases were the only things not covered in blood when it was all over.

Last edited: