Cheap good stock for sa 700 adl

whats the best takeoff/new stock for a short action 700 adl? Sporter barrel so don't want to go too heavy on the back end.

Loaner rifle for family

Keg bravo at 350$ is top end

Figured a hs takeoff with bottom metal would run more and be less ergonomic.

Any of the hogues or Boyd's decent enough in adl form?

How about Boyd's pro varmint bdl and fit in magpul bottom metal?

blackdog

Lil-Rokslider
I put a hand me down Magpul Hunter stock on a Rem 700 .260 that I was shooting in competitions in a Manners stock for years and was shooting bugholes. Now that it's in the Magpul, it's still shooting bugholes. I have not seen any change in performance moving to the significantly cheaper Magpul and I heard similar stories from the friend that gave me the stock. He passed it around a few of his rifles and it always shot well.

Rob5589

WKR
The Bell and Carlson line are great for the price. No need to bed, although I did skim and lug bed the ones I used. Just bolt up and go. Not sure if they make an ADL model, you may end up going BDL and running some stock bottom metal.

• Banned
OP
N
Seems like if I gotta go to bdl then whatever cost savings I'd have I'd be better to swing a krg bravo.

Thoughts?

Pretty handy with wood and stuff, trying to find a cheap Boyd's pro varmint and modify it to something that doesn't exist at any sub 1000$ price range.. vertical grip, reverse comb and flat bottom end.

wyo2track

Lil-Rokslider
Look at Grayboe stocks. Your going to have to buy bottom metal though. Not to many dealers yet for them but you can get the Outlander from RedHawkRifles.com for $269. Ryan McMillan (same McMillan as the stocks) came up with an epoxy resin based stock for us guys not willing to buy the more expensive stuff his family produces. A touch on the heavier side, but I put one on a Rem 700 7mm mag and it fit like a glove. Shoots good to. No inletting was required.

https://grayboe.com/

Lawnboi

WKR
Whatcha stockin? Hang a couple pics..

DKulRuG.jpg

My stock cracked on my Christensen arms Mesa. I have a manners eh1 with thier bdl mini chassis on order but wanted something for the time being, as it’s my only big rifle. So I picked up the bravo, figured I could sell it or build a barreled action once I get the manners in. Really like the stock, it’s heavy though, and looks a little wonky with the #3 contour.

I’m thinking of putting some custom action in it with a #4 bartlein and running that after for a heavier gun, in 300 WM

TauPhi111

WKR
I have 4 Boyds stocks. Once you bed them they are rock solid. Not the lightest, but I believe they perform well for the money as far as a good shooting stock goes.

WKR
Love McMillan Classics. But thinking loaner, I'd go ebay adl wood takeoff, bed the lug, seal up the barrel channel and inletting, and rock on cheaply.

pchrisla

Lil-Rokslider
Another vote for Grayboe. Solid as can be and good price. Their fit is excellent. If wanted to go a little more, AG composites all the way.