Cheap gun for more trigger time

I’m working on a 223 CTR Frankentikka and plan to melt the barrel off this thing. One gun, one load, one DOPE, lotsa ammo.....

View attachment 164521

Standard SuperLite in a CTR stock? Or is that a new barrel?

I’ve got a T3X SuperLite 223, SWFA 3-9 with the vertical grip. All I’ve had to do it keep feeding it. Blackhills (cant find the reman stuff anymore) and Federal 77gr..... easily my favorite and most stress free and easy to shoot rifle. One dope and a ton of ammo. That’s the secret I’m convinced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16Bore

WKR
@wildcat33 - 75 BTHP’s. The reloading virus is rearing it’s head again though, which would be 75 ELD-M. 1,100 rounds is the break even point on the gear. Still my time though.

@JollyRoger - SL in CTR. Atlasworx BM and MDT poly mags incoming. Barrel will eventually get replaced with a chubby..

Hopefully the schit buttons up.

wildcat33

WKR
@wildcat33 - 75 BTHP’s. The reloading virus is rearing it’s head again though, which would be 75 ELD-M. 1,100 rounds is the break even point on the gear. Still my time though.

@JollyRoger - SL in CTR. Atlasworx BM and MDT poly mags incoming. Barrel will eventually get replaced with a chubby..

Hopefully the schit buttons up.

Thanks. I picked up some Lapua 69gr scenars from MileHigh on sale for about a buck a round. When I get through those I'll start reloading. I got a package of 75 eld's incoming. Also have the atlasworx sitting on the shelf. Just waiting for the mags to arrive (also MDT) to try it all out. Should be fun.

16Bore

WKR
Dang, 69 Scenars are a good start. Lapua brass is the stuff. Update this thread when you get it bolted together and we’ll compare notes. My bottom metal left Australia Monday. Who know how long it takes to get here....

I caught a Rem 700 223 on sale at Walmart. It’s the cheapo with plastic stock and no name 4x10 scope. Shots decent. Hits 6” square steel at 300 yards every time I do my part! Mostly just shooting cheap fmj through it. I did adjust the trigger got it down to 3.5# and added pillars to the cheap plastic stock. That’s mostly because I like to tinker though.

OP
MuleyFever
I ended up with a 17HMR. Its fun to shoot. I have had it out a few times and shot some various ammo to see what was the best. It seems to like everything I have put through it so far. Today I took the 20gn ammo I had and dialed it in at 50yds. I had a steady cross wind but I it grouped great. Someone left something out at 300 yds so I started shooting at it. It looked like a clay but it was solid. I got the holdover and windage figured out and I started to hit it. Fun little round for sure.