Cheap headlamp

SIR_34:16

FNG
I've been using the sofirn/77 outdoors white/red lamp this year and its been great.

Inexpensive and rechargeable. The red lamp is also a true deep red color to preserve night vision.

I like my Sofirn D25L for lots things. It isn't blue hued, more like the huge if an incandescent bulb

I do like the blue/white hued lights though. Which Sofirn model has the blue/white bulbs, anyone know?

I finally went rechargeable and went with tried and true black diamond. Look for sales (I saved about $20 in the fall).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hunt the Top

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve ran so many diff low end headlamps over the years on backcountry hunts. Although not on the ‘cheaper’ price range, the Peax duo headlamp is worth the money IMO. Best headlamp I have used to date, well worth the money. The battery life is very impressive and the the light output is exceptional.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fjellvei

Lil-Rokslider
Grab a Slonik on Amazon for $30 bucks when it goes on clearance.

Other companies sell the same headlamp for 3x the cost...

Favorite cheap, solid headlamp? Need a Ph. D to get my black Diamond to work properly… and don’t want to shell out a lot for a new one. Thank you
The energizer one are really good,but grab the strongest one. Love the red light for low light work.

UpTop

Lil-Rokslider
For 25-30 bucks the Sofirn is a no brainer. Competes with the peax that’s 3 times the price with relative ease. I like having a rechargeable battery since I have kids that love to play with any flashlight or headlamp I have! Buy an extra 18650 battery and be done

grfox92

WKR
Energizer. The only thing I've ever used and see no need to spend money on anything else. They are great.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

twall13

WKR
I bought an Energizer for my teenage son years ago and it's held up well. I can see why people are recommending it on here. That said, I think the Sofirn is a better light for the price.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Spiblin

FNG
I've been using the petzl tikka for years both while backpacking/hunting and at work and they are absolutely bulletproof. One button on off, three modes and plenty of brightness that doesn't break the bank.

Bought one of the kids a Ozark Trail from Wally World and it out lasted one of my Black Diamonds. Now have a Ozark in the beater car.

OP
J

JStol5

WKR
Picked up a dual pack of Energizer headlamps off amazon. They're fantastic. Way better than the Black Diamond I was using.

Dented

WKR
For 25-30 bucks the Sofirn is a no brainer. Competes with the peax that’s 3 times the price with relative ease. I like having a rechargeable battery since I have kids that love to play with any flashlight or headlamp I have! Buy an extra 18650 battery and be done
This. I was looking at a similar design in the $80-90 range, figured I'd risk $30. This lamp outperforms for the cost.

Sofirn, I was extremely impressed. Can’t remember the model but a guy that knew lights said which one to get that was the same components as PEAX just different lamp options. It did die on me once but I had used it a lot up to that point with no charge. Happened to be on a late night pack out. Plugged it into a power bank and used my pretzel elight to find my friend coming down a different way then put the sofirn back on and finished the last 4 miles out.

TheGDog

WKR
How long of a runtime do you need? And at what lumens rating?

Are you talking multi-day+multi-night?

Been very happy with the rechargeables available from NEBO.

This URL is all their headlamps. Had been bringing two of their MYCRO, now bring their EINSTEIN 1500 + 1 MYCRO. That EINSTEIN gets insanely bright and runs off a 18650, if you run them medium at 150 Lumens (which should be MORE than enough) they give 6hrs!

And BOTH have Red LED function as well.

Last edited: