“Cheap” rifles can be awesome/fun rifles too!

JBradley500

Lil-Rokslider
Browning AB3 in 6.5 CM is pretty awesome for the money too. Not a heavy barrel, but out to 600 yards so far with factory ammo it's a guaranteed hit on steel and it doesn't seem to change POI as it warms up.

robtattoo

WKR
Early this year I picked up another Axis .223 (I sold my last one in a fit of charitable stupidity) heavy barrel model with the accutrigger. I paid $180 for the gun, $120 for a Vortex Crossfire 3-9x40 & mounted it on a $30 rail & $12 rings.

It's not my most accurate rifle, but it's good enough to keep me giggling out to 600yds!

260madman

WKR
Cheapest one I have is a Stevens 200 in 300WM that I bought for $225. No way will this one be fun with how narrow the stock is and crappy the recoil pad is. I bought it for the action to rebarrel. Savages are ugly as sin and I don’t care. They work well for me.

roughnecknine0

Lil-Rokslider
Reading this makes me want to keep my .308 Axis. I got this rifle new in box for $15 and even though I really want a .308 I still feel the urge to sell it. My other rifle is a T3X CTR 6.5 so maybe I'm just spoiled? I dunno what to do with it really. Keep it, top it with a budget scope, and practice? Or sell it for $350 profit and put that into ammo to practice with a rifle I already have? I really do want a .308 at some point but maybe I just wait?

mvrk28

WKR
I "bought my wife" a TC Compass in .243 that came with a scope, this is when they were offering mail in rebates on them. I think after tax/dros/transfer I maybe spent $300, built a handload for it and you have to try to get that gun to shoot worse than .5 moa at 100 yards. I ended up getting a Bushnell Nitro 4-16x44 for it and a blackhawk sporter bipod. It's a blast to shoot, I'd trust that gun to get it done on deer sized game without question.

Only gripe is the 1:10 twist, makes the CA lead free laws very annoying. May rebarrel down the road to a 243 Ai and throw it in an Oryx chassis.

ChrisAU

WKR
My first rifle I ever bought was a Savage Steven’s 200 in .270 Win. Academy Outdoors happened to price it wrong in their online ad on a Sunday morning. I just happened to look. Went down to the store and they had corrected it from $129 all the way up to a whopping $189. I convinced the manager to honor the ad which I had printed out. Put a $30 Simmons on it and killed a pile of deer. Still have it and still hunt a lot with it. Although, I did upgrade the stock to a maple Boyd’s and the scope just recently to a Meopta Optika5. Oh, and it shoots as good as my Cooper, Christensen, and Kimber.

6F395D0F-B9B0-4DB7-AD4A-56F1D83EF06F.jpeg