Cheap Scope Ideas

PAbow84

Lil-Rokslider
So I recently ordered a new NX8 4-32x50. Pretty excited about it and hoping it lives up to my expectations. However, I cannot wait that long to shoot the rifle it will be going on. I need to do load development, and if I wait for the scope, this rifle will be in the safe for this hunting season. So I'm looking for some ideas for a good scope in the couple hundred dollar range. This could be new or used. I plan on using the same rings so it needs to be 30mm. Let me know your ideas.

OP
PAbow84

PAbow84

Lil-Rokslider
I was doing some searching tonight. Anyone ever use the Vortex Diamondback Tactical? I can get one of those pretty cheap.

gr8fuldoug

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Last edited:

ChrisAU

WKR
I was doing some searching tonight. Anyone ever use the Vortex Diamondback Tactical? I can get one of those pretty cheap.

Funny, I too am waiting on an NX8 4-32x50, and I am also looking at the 4-16x44 Diamondback Tactical as a stop gap. Hope to have my NX8 by the end of July though.

OP
PAbow84

PAbow84

Lil-Rokslider
Funny, I too am waiting on an NX8 4-32x50, and I am also looking at the 4-16x44 Diamondback Tactical as a stop gap. Hope to have my NX8 by the end of July though.
So I went from trying to keep my optic just over a grand, to an NX8 and a temporary scope to cover the wait. I think I'll be pretty happy with my choice though. I just ordered mine and they quoted 120 days but I'm hopeful I'll see it much sooner.

I know Vortex doesn't get a lot of love anymore, but I've had good luck with their mid level optics. I never tried a Diamondback but worse case scenario I'm out a couple hundred bucks.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

ChrisAU

WKR
So I went from trying to keep my optic just over a grand, to an NX8 and a temporary scope to cover the wait. I think I'll be pretty happy with my choice though. I just ordered mine and they quoted 120 days but I'm hopeful I'll see it much sooner.

I know Vortex doesn't get a lot of love anymore, but I've had good luck with their mid level optics. I never tried a Diamondback but worse case scenario I'm out a couple hundred bucks.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Gotcha, I got on the preorder list the morning they started them. Was told I was 2nd in line for an MOA 4-32x. I'm sure MIL lists filled up quicker.

I’m doing this right now and just mounted an swfa 10x42

Surprisingly good glass for the price, rock solid, holds value for when you sell it