Cheap Stuff that Works

Hyphen

FNG
I bought the small blaze orange jacket for $9, cut off sleeves, essentially like a vest and sewed openings shut all around. Attached straps and used SJ auto lock clips to secure to my Mystery Ranch pack. Since It is tough but soft enough soft shell, and it has a long zipper and zippered pockets, it is not only an orange safety panel but stores my puffy and detaches as a glassing pad and pillow.
TM365 Men's TM36-TT80-Leader https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07HRB6342/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_qSSwFb4PPHYQV
1" Duraflex SJ lite male/female... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BTJTHCP?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

NDGuy

WKR
Fantastic first aid kit by family-owned company. I’m wilderness first aid certified and find it hard to find a more complete, compact kit.
Surviveware Small First Aid Kit with Labelled Compartments for Hiking, Backpacking, Camping, Travel, Car and Cycling. https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01HGSLB6K/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_AjTwFbQFMKW5P
Hilarious I just ordered this before stumbling onto this thread.

It was the top ranked from outdoorgearlab. I like their reviews usually and seemed solid for the $$

KClark

WKR
A piece I've recently come to love is Swazi's "The Hood". I'd say it's synonymous with a Kuiu Peleton 240, Sitka Core Heavyweight or Fanatic hoody and at $52 USD it's ~ 1/3 of their price.

I grew up in Alaska and a few of my buddies became guides/obsessed with sheep hunting and swore by their swazi stuff, so I picked one up and promptly ordered 2 more.

Is there a US source for these?

Is there a US source for these?
I'm not aware of anything besides used stuff that pops up on here occasionally. My buddies and I have ordered straight from the swazi website and had no issues. If you're wondering about sizing, I'm 6'1"/200-210 lbs and I believe I wear a L. Shoot me a PM and I'll double check tonight.

Blaze orange duct tape makes it easier to find anything you are likely to put down during the excitement of a hunt.
I often drop my moose in water with no dry ground to lay my rifle....same with neoprene scope cover.
View attachment 203064
I've probably lost a half dozen scope covers, and probably would've lost a dozen more had I not seen this. Great tip!

b_young

FNG
I've never seen so many tabs on one browser before.
I came across Wysi wipes a while back. Small cloth wipes that are packed into a round tablet shape that fit perfectly in a match holder. Add just a little water to one of these wipes and it folds out into a surprisingly large wipe for all kinds of uses.
I wrapped the match holder in duct tape while I was at it.

I love the Wrangler pants. Got a camo pair sub 20 bucks from a clothing outlet store called VF outlet.

stump06

WKR
IMG_1649.jpegfullsizeoutput_3f4.jpeg

I'm sure most of you do some form of all this, I'm getting ready for a bear hunt and thought I'd share some stuff that I use.

#1 - gatorade bottle filled with water and frozen. I add a small loop of paracord so I can carry 5-6 in each hand to the cooler. I also have several sizes ranging from water bottles to milk jugs and I also fill them with drinkable water bc you never know.

#2 - Cheap scalpel and blades off eBay. I haven't used these yet but I love my havalon and just trying something different. Great cheap, lightweight, replaceable blade alternative.

#3 - Dip cans make great carriers for fire starter. I use petroleum jelly soaked cotton balls

Last edited:

robtattoo

WKR
A piece I've recently come to love is Swazi's "The Hood". I'd say it's synonymous with a Kuiu Peleton 240, Sitka Core Heavyweight or Fanatic hoody and at $52 USD it's ~ 1/3 of their price.

I grew up in Alaska and a few of my buddies became guides/obsessed with sheep hunting and swore by their swazi stuff, so I picked one up and promptly ordered 2 more.

Man, I really appreciate that one. I've been looking for something like this for a while, without wanting to spend Sitka money, or deal with Sitka sizing (they don't like us bigguns too well...)
I ordered it this morning & already have the shipping details!

Anyone used a RaptorRazor Scrambler?

Man, I really appreciate that one. I've been looking for something like this for a while, without wanting to spend Sitka money, or deal with Sitka sizing (they don't like us bigguns too well...)
I ordered it this morning & already have the shipping details!
Awesome, I’m confident you’ll like it!