Cheap Stuff that Works

Voyageur

Something to note is that when using it on your cap to light the trail... keep in mind that if a bug zips into your eyes or ears and you react instinctively and shake your head strongly... the light can get flung off from the visor. So try to remember to instead reach your hand up for shoo'ing it away.

BTW, hope you also ordered the MYCRO headlamp too! They're bleepin' awesome for out there. Don't weigh anything. Even has Red and Green LED's in it to for those last yards as you're approaching your ambush spot.
Sound advice

teamkabob

ThermoPop​

small black meat thermometer $34

make great gifts too

dot is for the longer cooks $34 on sale

B89BBE23-F356-42BE-B621-DACD896CFF35.jpeg

NDGuy

2. Sling Hook $23.
May try this, although my sling stays pretty secure when I buckle my chest strap on my pack. I just lock my sling within the chest harness and it doesn't slide at all.

TheGDog

2. Sling Hook $23.
Although not technically "cheap" it flat out works!

Glad to hear this as I just recently ordered one! So hopefully between this and the Quake-Claw sling I should be good to go now. The Quake-Claw sling is tops in my book. There's only very few instances where it allows the weapon to move. So hopefully with the addition of this little thing we should be straight now!

stump06

Glad to hear this as I just recently ordered one! So hopefully between this and the Quake-Claw sling I should be good to go now. The Quake-Claw sling is tops in my book. There's only very few instances where it allows the weapon to move. So hopefully with the addition of this little thing we should be straight now!
The Quake claw sling is another item you could add to this list. I have 3!

Haney

Right? After I tried one of them I was like "Why would ANYONE ever use any other sling but this!?" Was the only sling that didn't constantly slide off my shoulder with the backpack strap.
Another vote for a great sling . Every hunting I own has one . My old leather slings don't see much use these days

jlaner0408

These have been great for me. A couple of times I have considered lighter weight trekking poles, but the weight saving is not worth the cost to me.

I have a set of the mountainsmith carbonlite poles that I’ve used hard for three years now. Some gnarly hiking, hunting, and I even use them snowshoeing in the winter time. I’ve gone through multiple rubber end tips and snow baskets on them but they’ve been great

coop22250

I just ordered 4 more of these for stocking stuffers(one more for me) I been using at work now for 2 years. A lithium battery just lasts forever in one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JoeDirt

ThermoPop​

small black meat thermometer $34​

make great gifts too​

dot is for the longer cooks $34 on sale​

View attachment 236275

Those are probably the best bang for the buck instant read thermometer. My ThermoPop never gets put away its always being used!

ILikeAthlon

Gerber EAB Lite, $10 from walmart, super small foldable utility knife with a pocket clip. Don’t even know you have it.

Attachments

• 630B4A27-E70F-4272-9BF1-2E499F0AF305.jpeg
    630B4A27-E70F-4272-9BF1-2E499F0AF305.jpeg
    182.8 KB · Views: 126

Mike Islander

ThermoPop​

make great gifts too​

View attachment 236275

If you like those, you might like these at less than half the price.

GDEALER DT09 Waterproof Digital Instant Read Meat Thermometer with 4.6” Folding Probe.​

71rc9-wplXL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

PHSChrisby99

Grabber brand tarp. Cheap, durable, reflective, water proof. Use it more as a ground cover than a shelter.

Of course, zip locks and trash bags for water proofing and organization.
Could you provide a link? I can’t find what you’re referring to with the brand

Jhoff041

ThermoPop​

make great gifts too​

View attachment 236275

Best thermometer I've ever used. Those things rock