Cheap Stuff that Works

I haven’t seen this yet. I bought mine for ~$75 from the classifieds a few years ago and hadn’t had the chance to try it out yet besides the backyard. Taking it to CO this September and is a fairly cheap way to try out the floorless game.

Japes4

FNG
Appy Trails Mark 3 floorless shelter. Great for one man and gear...has treated me well over last 3 trips out west for just a bit over 100.00.

Attachments

• 8C056377-0FFB-4D33-90B1-032F74B131A7.jpeg
    8C056377-0FFB-4D33-90B1-032F74B131A7.jpeg
    34.5 KB · Views: 212
Gallon and/or quart zip-locs are the cheapest and lightest I've found.
Yeah that's what I do now. But it's not the most durable and I find the ziploc getting torn open from time to time. I use zip locs for a lot of stuff because they're so versatile, but this is mainly for my FAK, survival type items that hardly get pulled out of the pouch, just transferred from bag to bag as needed.

Superdoo

WKR
Yeah that's what I do now. But it's not the most durable and I find the ziploc getting torn open from time to time. I use zip locs for a lot of stuff because they're so versatile, but this is mainly for my FAK, survival type items that hardly get pulled out of the pouch, just transferred from bag to bag as needed.
Search for shoe bags on Amazon. They can be had very cheaply.

rtrevith

FNG
I like the Leki photo adapter. If you have the right trekking poles it allows for a threaded stud that a shooting rest can be screwed on to.

twall13

WKR
I'm sure it's already been mentioned, but who is making small zippered pouches for organizing that don't cost a ton?
I've been using some from Granite Gear for awhile. If I remember right they are called Granite Gear Air Zipditty bags. I got a 4 pack with various sizes for around $20 4 or 5 years ago. I don't know if they still make them or if the price has gone up but they are made of silnylon and are similar in shape and function to the Kifaru pouches but weigh less and are bright colors so I don't leave them on the ground when packing. Being made of silnylon they are pretty water resistant as well though they certainly aren't a dry bag.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Japes4

FNG
Such a cool thread. Does anyone have a cheap/light tent with a floor they would recommend?

I’ve used the Six Moon Designs tents with great success before going floorless...a couple of their options (Skyscape Trekker and Lunar Duo Outfitter) can be had for under 200.00

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

180ls1

WKR
I’ve used the Six Moon Designs tents with great success before going floorless...a couple of their options (Skyscape Trekker and Lunar Duo Outfitter) can be had for under 200.00

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good to know, thanks!