Cheap Stuff that Works

eddielasvegas

If you have gear/clothing that you want fixed and isn’t under warranty (and you don’t have the sewing skillz of some Roksliders), this outfit does good work.

I had a couple jackets that I loved but the zippers were failing. Got a quote, mailed them in, came back good as new and under budget. Not “cheap”, but waaaay cheaper than new jackets. Plus you can pay someone in the West for honest work.

This is gold DawnPatrol so thanks for posting.

Eddie

rdp123

Can't believe no one has mentioned the king of all cheap staples:

View attachment 156433

I always pack several that are wrapped in either flagging tape, gorilla tape, electrical tape, gear aid, or leuko tape.
Another option I've liked even better than the bics are clicker brand lighters, because they run on butane and are refillable. They sell them at head shops.

DTC

Second the morakniv and victorinox boning knife.

I keep the styrofoam ammo dividers from ammo boxes and hot glue them into old plastic containers/Tupperware (you can easily trim to fit) to store and take ammo to the range.

PFERN

thanks. Mine got here today. Little roomy in the waist but fits great in the shoulders. I think i'll enjoy it

I just got one of these adapters to mount my binos on the tripod.
It works great! $17.00
These work really well for my vortex binoculars

Superdoo

That’s a great find! I’ve lost two with the capcap and have been wondering why I need to carry a $40 water bottle!
I didn’t think the Wally World bottle would take boiling water, but I decided to prove it.
results are below….

Attachments

• 7A447CDB-0BD0-4085-9C93-2966B0C5DCDE.jpeg
    7A447CDB-0BD0-4085-9C93-2966B0C5DCDE.jpeg
    201.5 KB · Views: 107

Savage99

I didn’t think the Wally World bottle would take boiling water, but I decided to prove it.
results are below….

Do the “squishy Nalgene bottles take boiling? Now I’m wondering… I noticed the Walmart bottle being slightly firmer than my nalgene that flexes (not my OG nalgene). I bought two of the Wally bottles to try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Superdoo

Before anyone get too up in arms over my findings, remember… you do NOT need to take a pot of boiling water and immediately pour it into a bottle.
You always have the option to wait until the water has cooled and then pour it in.

I just felt the need to head that off.

Now that I think about it, someone should test how long you need to wait. I’d do it, but my kids need shoes so that $3.50 is spent!🤣😂🤣😎

Southforkguy

Risotto just add water dinner and chicken in foil. Beats a mtn house any day for around $4

Savage99

Before anyone get too up in arms over my findings, remember… you do NOT need to take a pot of boiling water and immediately pour it into a bottle.
You always have the option to wait until the water has cooled and then pour it in.

I just felt the need to head that off.

Now that I think about it, someone should test how long you need to wait. I’d do it, but my kids need shoes so that $3.50 is spent!

Bwahahaha… maybe I needed to hear that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk