Cheap Stuff that Works

loadsandlattes

Lil-Rokslider
I needed some cheap headlamps to keep around the house and for my wife to use when she was out running. These little things fold up super tiny, are light, and on the low power mode for the LED strip, last about 4 hours running continuous. They come in a 2pack, and i'm throwing them in my pack this year for Idaho bear.

MIbowhunter4954

Lil-Rokslider
I went and tried on the Target Wranglers. They were like skinny jeans at the bottom and didn't have much thigh room. Walmart in our area is pretty well stocked with their version of the Wrangler ATG. Normally I wear a 34 inseam but tried on and bought the 32. Only thing I can say I like more than the orvis is how deep the front pockets are. Other than that I like the Orvis more and like mentioned above less than $20 if you find them at Costco.
The orvis pants are on sale for 15 bucks right now

Swamppirate

Lil-Rokslider
Not sure if this has been posted, but tenacious tape works very well for field repairs. I fell on a scree pile in Idaho and ripped the back of my pants. Put some tenacious on, and its still on there working well. Also imagine it would be great for tents, sleeping bags, etc

BLJ

WKR
I needed some cheap headlamps to keep around the house and for my wife to use when she was out running. These little things fold up super tiny, are light, and on the low power mode for the LED strip, last about 4 hours running continuous. They come in a 2pack, and i'm throwing them in my pack this year for Idaho bear.

I just picked up a couple of these as well. I can’t make any comments in reference to battery life, but everything else looks good so far.

stank.243

Lil-Rokslider
Received my Orvis pants yesterday. If you have larger thighs/butt and don’t really fit into other hiking pants I would recommend these. Especially for the price. Most brands I’ve tried are way too tight in the thighs for my comfort and I’m sure make others cringe seeing me. While they aren’t loose fitting they definitely aren’t skin tight. They are very comfortable. I only have 2 small cons. The front pockets are odd. They go towards the zipper instead of down the leg. They are a little noisy. Not 90’s wind pant but a bit more than regular jeans. All in all I’m very happy

MIbowhunter4954

Lil-Rokslider
Received my Orvis pants yesterday. If you have larger thighs/butt and don’t really fit into other hiking pants I would recommend these. Especially for the price. Most brands I’ve tried are way too tight in the thighs for my comfort and I’m sure make others cringe seeing me. While they aren’t loose fitting they definitely aren’t skin tight. They are very comfortable. I only have 2 small cons. The front pockets are odd. They go towards the zipper instead of down the leg. They are a little noisy. Not 90’s wind pant but a bit more than regular jeans. All in all I’m very happy

Just logged in to post basically this exact same thing.

I've got pretty big quads/hams, so I buy classic/loose jeans. I'd say that's about how these fit. Even more comfortable than my Eddie Bauer Pro Guide Work chino whatever the effs.

Same complaint about the front pocket. So weird how the pocket goes toward the front. Perfect for crotch-stuffing, crappy for everything else.

If these had a designer camo pattern and hip vents, they could be charging 150 insead of 15.

highside74

Lil-Rokslider
New Costco find

Spyder light/med hooded long-sleeve with front pocket. 88% Poly, 12% spandex. Green, Black and I think blue. I wore it on my evening walk under my medium weight jacket and it handle the sweat well. I'm impressed for $15.

Attachments

• 20230227_173011.jpg
    20230227_173011.jpg
    327.7 KB · Views: 179
Man, thanks for this. I have the same problem. I tried out the wranglers everyone here raves about two years ago until my hunting partner asked if they came in mens sizes 🤣💀

Another pant I’ve found that works for guys with tree trunks for legs are the SG pants, though they certainly don’t follow the budget sentiment of this thread.

brian_

FNG
Mora and Victorinox knives

Rick Young bino harness with lightweight binos

Casio digital watch

Chap stick

I'm not a big spender when I can avoid it. But I find that for reliability you usually have to go at least up into the mid-range of any type of product.

Do the Orvis trousers have both rear pockets as well as the exterior mid thigh pockets (like a 6 pocket pant)?

rtkbowhunter

Lil-Rokslider
New Costco find

Spyder light/med hooded long-sleeve with front pocket. 88% Poly, 12% spandex. Green, Black and I think blue. I wore it on my evening walk under my medium weight jacket and it handle the sweat well. I'm impressed for $15.
Local Costco didn't have it. "She who must be obeyed" stopped yesterday. They did have a 1/4 zip for the same price. She grabbed two. Wore mine on a two mile hike today. Was definitely impressed with performance. More so for $16.