Cheap Stuff that Works

RockChucker30

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Not everything should cost an arm and a leg. Post any inexpensive stuff you’d recommend that just flat works.

I’ll start with a Mora 711. ~4.5 oz with sheath, easy to sharpen (and resharpen in field), and the textured rubberized grip is fantastic. Easy to grip and your hand doesn’t tire after several hours of boning.

$15

Mora 711 Carbon Steel 4 Inch

228ccc3d794989a4daff06c8af9b3ead.jpg

Heavy duty window shrink wrap - makes a great meat tarp or even a groundsheet. With some duct tape you could probably rig an emergency shelter.

6 oz for a 5’ x 10’ sheet, can be cut to size.

$7.94

7a49c143892f0f40c412fc01231edfd6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Rob5589

WKR
Wuudi cook set and Etekcity stove, both from Amazon. About 30 bucks total. Cook set does what it's supposed to, easy to clean up, handles stay cool enough to grab bare handed. Stove fires up quickly and burns evenly. I did tweak the feet a little so the pot sits flat and not wobble. Stove and fuel nests inside the set. Not for the ultra light crowd, however.

Maverick1

WKR
-Military surplus cold weather boots. Aka “Mickey Mouse boots,” aka Vapor Barrier boots. For extreme cold Static hunting or ice fishing I haven’t found better. Edit: you can find pairs for less than $50

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not to highjack - where do you buy the Mickey Mouse boots?

Interesting handle.