Cheap Stuff that Works

sram9102

WKR
I wasn’t able to find the “stretch hiking pants”... anyone have a link?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Try wrangler outdoors or wrangler performance. Also go checkout your local Walmart. Mine had all variations on sale last fall for $11 bucks each. The khaki and blue colored ones work great for casual work pants.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

griff536

FNG
I wasn’t able to find the “stretch hiking pants”... anyone have a link?

I found these at my local VF outlet mall for $21.. They work well for hiking, work and normal day to day wear. Please note though the fabric is ate up pretty quickly by thistle. Totally welllll worth the $21.

gjs4

Lil-Rokslider
Got it (re:wrangler pants). I tend to search the literal phrase verbatim.

Here, our Walmart’s specialize in croc knockoffs, trailer roof cement, traps and cheap dog food.... not much for men’s clothing, let alone waist sizes sub 40” or without a drawstring

I've used this extensively as a midlayer and really love it. If it had a hood it'd be unbeatable. You can occasionally find them for ~$12ish dollars on that site.

Squamch

WKR
Blue paper towel is much more durable than any of the white stuff and doubles as good TP that won't disintegrate in you pocket.

If you're referring to blue shop towels, I only get one wipe per day with that stuff before abrasion begins to occur. However, I do always have a couple in my pocket for a snot rag or emergency TP...ever since the fateful day I came back to camp with 1.75 sleeves on my shirt.
Nothing worse than squatting in a downpour with your rain gear around your ankles trying to evaluate cost vs value of every item of clothing you're wearing as TP.

cbeck36

Lil-Rokslider

I've used this extensively as a midlayer and really love it. If it had a hood it'd be unbeatable. You can occasionally find them for ~$12ish dollars on that site.
Sites like this are the reason I will be coming to live with you. Maybe rockslide could start a group home for gear addicts? Hi my name is Chad. I have 88 pullovers in all varieties of fabric and weights, 4 backpacks, 13 pairs of pants, 9 pairs of boots...........

Sites like this are the reason I will be coming to live with you. Maybe rockslide could start a group home for gear addicts? Hi my name is Chad. I have 88 pullovers in all varieties of fabric and weights, 4 backpacks, 13 pairs of pants, 9 pairs of boots...........
Hi Chad,

We're happy to have you. Congratulations on your first step to furthering your addiction... ;)

OP
RockChucker30

RockChucker30

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I'll add a good durable cooking pot, but it's not light enough for backpacking.

This is a Zebra Pot that a guy patented some locking clips for and sells thru Amazon. Basically you can lock the lid on or lock the handle up. It works GREAT over a fire or on a wood camping stove. Great quality for the money.

Fisherhahn

Lil-Rokslider
Well I don’t have one thing, but I use a site that I’ve bought some stuff from VERY cheap as long as you can wait for the delivery,1-2 months. Yes, it’s stuff from China, but many of the items that have been posted already are too, then marked up and sold on amazon or eBay. AliExpress. Mole clips, extra pouches for packs, camp stoves, lightweight base layers etc have all worked out great for me so far. I’ve bought one item where the size was WAY off but 3 shirts for 9 bucks was no big deal and I just gave them to a smaller friend. Some sellers must have US warehouses as you can have some items shipped from within the US. Some fantastic deals on fishing lures too.

Swampyak

FNG
Well I don’t have one thing, but I use a site that I’ve bought some stuff from VERY cheap as long as you can wait for the delivery,1-2 months. Yes, it’s stuff from China, but many of the items that have been posted already are too, then marked up and sold on amazon or eBay. AliExpress. Mole clips, extra pouches for packs, camp stoves, lightweight base layers etc have all worked out great for me so far. I’ve bought one item where the size was WAY off but 3 shirts for 9 bucks was no big deal and I just gave them to a smaller friend. Some sellers must have US warehouses as you can have some items shipped from within the US. Some fantastic deals on fishing lures too.
What is the name of the site?
Thanks