Cheap Stuff that Works

That’s where I got my tent. 3F Lanshan 2 for $95 at 2.5 pounds. They also make a pyramid tent that I’m going to buy if I ever get my wife to go backpacking with me.

I bought my son a decent nest for our tent on there, 14oz and under $50cdn. Have been meaning to take some photos so if I remember I'll post a couple here when I do, won't be able to say how well it works until it's been put through the paces this spring with the ticks and skeeters though!

I bought my son a decent nest for our tent on there, 14oz and under $50cdn. Have been meaning to take some photos so if I remember I'll post a couple here when I do, won't be able to say how well it works until it's been put through the paces this spring with the ticks and skeeters though!

I’d be interested in a link. I’ve been debating switching to a tarp with a bivy bug net for bug season.

I’d be interested in a link. I’ve been debating switching to a tarp with a bivy bug net for bug season.

Here you go.

Floor is 40D and it has a two way zipper. There's a loop on top so I'll just hang it from one of the clothesline tabs in the tipi, can pitch it with a trekking pole too...they didn't take the best photos of how that's done but it's pretty straightforward. We'll see how it holds up but could potentially ditch the tyvek and then the weight difference is pretty insignificant.

Here you go.

Floor is 40D and it has a two way zipper. There's a loop on top so I'll just hang it from one of the clothesline tabs in the tipi, can pitch it with a trekking pole too...they didn't take the best photos of how that's done but it's pretty straightforward. We'll see how it holds up but could potentially ditch the tyvek and then the weight difference is pretty insignificant.

Thanks. That gave me some other ideas too with the suggested items. Found a 9 ounce bivy that I may try.

Plastic soda or pop bottles instead of much heavier nalgene bottles.
LIghtweight and a variety of sizes up to 2 liters.
Also great for use with Sawyer squeeze filters.
If its cold, I carry them upside down so ice forms at the bottom.
(Nalgene do have advantage of holding very hot water)

NAPA Auto Parts soft polishing cloth makes great disposable game bags. It's a tubular knit mesh cloth in a 5 pound roll. We take 2 rolls into Geezer Ridge and can double bag three large bull moose boned out.

That's some real NAPA Know-How right there....uh huh!

Long red plastic soda spoons from Dairy Queen. Handy in deep Mountain House pouches, PLUS the heat-activated epoxy cheese found in MH Lasagna slides right off....unlike on your spork which can be rendered as disgusting.

Team4LongGun

SUPER MODERATOR
Staff member

I've used this extensively as a midlayer and really love it. If it had a hood it'd be unbeatable. You can occasionally find them for ~$12ish dollars on that site.

Great find! This is identical to a waffle grid Under Armour fleece I've had for years and they don't make anymore. I think the UA was $70.
This is identical-thanks Brother (y)

tsm213

FNG
NAPA Auto Parts soft polishing cloth makes great disposable game bags. It's a tubular knit mesh cloth in a 5 pound roll. We take 2 rolls into Geezer Ridge and can double bag three large bull moose boned out.

I’m going to check that stuff out. That’s a great find. Thx.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great find! This is identical to a waffle grid Under Armour fleece I've had for years and they don't make anymore. I think the UA was $70.
This is identical-thanks Brother (y)
Happy to help. If you order one make sure to size up at least one or two sizes. They don't fit like the mil issue ones we got!

Team4LongGun

SUPER MODERATOR
Staff member
Happy to help. If you order one make sure to size up at least one or two sizes. They don't fit like the mil issue ones we got!

Now you tell me!!??! Haha, the large came yesterday, and I will absolutely need an XL. But I will keep it as it a snug underlayer, or if I ever become deranged and need to take gym selfies....