Cheap Stuff that Works

Mattyq17

FNG
Wow 8 bucks? They just as accurate? These Hornady's are crazy accurate. Like I shot an old 12ga shell at 80yds with it just to see if I could. No Problem.
Yep just as accurate, normally shoot Hornady’s but at the price of the Winchester’s and accuracy I will be going back to the gun store and buying all I can.

Logan80

Lil-Rokslider
Stream light micro light. Runs off 1 AAA battery, weighs a few ounces, clips on a hat or headband and is super bright. Goes with me everyday. I think they’re like $25-$30

I just ordered one of these and I'm impressed. For such a little light it's quite bright and seems really well made. Thanks for the suggestion!

I have not hunted in one of these yet, but have been running/working out in them for a few weeks now and i'm pretty impressed with the dry times. It claims 100% polyester which I believe is the exact same material Sitka is making their core lightweight stuff out of. I've got two of the Sitka hoodies and these are significantly softer and about 50% cheaper, though sans hood.

This, plus my earlier recommendation in this thread gets you into a base layer and midlayer for ~$30ish bucks if you can catch the quarter zip on sale.

Gearqueer

Lil-Rokslider
I have not hunted in one of these yet, but have been running/working out in them for a few weeks now and i'm pretty impressed with the dry times. It claims 100% polyester which I believe is the exact same material Sitka is making their core lightweight stuff out of. I've got two of the Sitka hoodies and these are significantly softer and about 50% cheaper, though sans hood.

This, plus my earlier recommendation in this thread gets you into a base layer and midlayer for ~$30ish bucks if you can catch the quarter zip on sale.

Is the cut Bulky or athletic? I’m going to pull the trigger on a couple of these I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stump06

WKR
Is the cut Bulky or athletic? I’m going to pull the trigger on a couple of these I think.

I just ordered a couple to try and got one in today. I'd say the cut is more bulky. Def not tight fitting. I ordered a xl and Xxl to try and the xl fit me really well (xxl hasn't come yet). I usually wear XXL in t-shirts

Yup agreed not tight fitting, in general. I’m 6’1 typically wear a L in T-Shirts and got a L in this. Fits very well except for my chest/shoulders. If you have thicker shoulders/chest I’d recommend a size up.

Gapmaster

WKR

How’s the odor after drying? Just wondering if the synthetic stinks like most others.

How’s the odor after drying? Just wondering if the synthetic stinks like most others.
Yes it does. But to be fair, my Sitka light weight hoodies stink to high hell so the polygiene “technology” isn’t worth the money anyways. Idk if I’m just a stinky bastard or what😂

Tbuckus

WKR
Yes it does. But to be fair, my Sitka light weight hoodies stink to high hell so the polygiene “technology” isn’t worth the money anyways. Idk if I’m just a stinky bastard or what😂
It sucks when you get some awesome gear and that happens.
I went mushroom picking with a friend last year and he wore a first lite shirt. It was warm so we were sweating up a storm. Every time I crossed paths near him I kept thinking what kind of plant emits that terrible stench? Once I figured it out I stayed up wind from him.

NB7

WKR
Wrangler stretch hiking pants. $21 @ Walmart. They probably won’t wear as well as Pranas, but they’re quarter the price.
These. They're great early season pants, come in a few earthtone colors, dry and wick well. Super comfortable. Love them and wear them for all kinds of outdoor things and around the yard stuff. Mine tend to pill somewhat in the front but for about $20 it's all good. One thing...DO NOT shuck hay bails in them though, you'll never get all the particles back out it seems

Victorinox Pairing Knives

Was first exposed to these in AK 20 years ago where we used them to cut bait. Hold an edge forever, are cheap, and high quality all around. Use them in home and camp kitchen daily now.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

BBob

WKR
Victorinox Pairing Knives

Was first exposed to these in AK 20 years ago where we used them to cut bait. Hold an edge forever, are cheap, and high quality all around. Use them in home and camp kitchen daily now.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

My taxidermist uses these. I have them in my truck butchering/caping kit, truck kitchen kit and they are probably my most used knife in the kitchen. Super cheap is a bonus!

These. They're great early season pants, come in a few earthtone colors, dry and wick well. Super comfortable. Love them and wear them for all kinds of outdoor things and around the yard stuff. Mine tend to pill somewhat in the front but for about $20 it's all good. One thing...DO NOT shuck hay bails in them though, you'll never get all the particles back out it seems

They come in this funky camo too :)
https://www.amazon.com/Wrangler-Gre...formance+comfor,fashion,160&sr=1-3&th=1&psc=1