Cheap Stuff that Works

Excellent thread. Picking up a lot of the little bits and might grab one of the swazi hoods. Just have to figure out sizing for big dudes.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Michael54

WKR
Imagine how expensive this cheap thread is gonna get when after hunting season boredom kicks in? Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So far I'm under $100 due to this thread lol. Swazi hoodie, a folding outdoor edge zip blade, and a pair of the walmart pants...my big expenses post hunting season will be rifle upgrades (trigger, stock, scope), clothes (ive dropped 70lbs and this season i will be looking like the young kid with his 4 older brothers hand me downs), and possibly getting my own reloading gear. The upside is the furthest from home im hunting this season and next is a cousins farm in west virginia. So tag costs will be down significantly

Agross

WKR
Excellent thread. Picking up a lot of the little bits and might grab one of the swazi hoods. Just have to figure out sizing for big dudes.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Wondering the same. Have looked at these several times, specially since they are on sale now but don't know which size to get . Don't want to hassle with a return. I'm usually between an XL and a XXL.

Wrench

WKR
This thing is killer at every level of sharpening. It strops the last bit or grinds a fresh edge. It has broadhead wrenches built in and simply earns its weight.

I had one iron will broadhead that would rust bad enough to eat the edge off every day and this thing would save my bacon.

I've been satisfied with the Camillus until this showed up....its simply better in every way. While it may not be "cheap"....when compared to the value, it's damn near free.

Wondering the same. Have looked at these several times, specially since they are on sale now but don't know which size to get . Don't want to hassle with a return. I'm usually between an XL and a XXL.
I'm 6'1" 210lbs (no gut) and wear a L. Hope that helps!

Any wind resistance to this Swazi Hood?
There is a wind resistance, but certainly not wind-proof. @aa_smith11 has more time with a hood than I do (and likely in worse conditions) and he can provide more empirical evidence here.
How does the length fit you? I like the added length to the back and have a large on order. I'm 6-3 195. Just wondering if I needed an XL.

Thanks
At 210 I'm not much heavier (and assuming bulkier) than you and I'd be swimming in an XL. I'd go L if I were you.

sram9102

WKR
There is a wind resistance, but certainly not wind-proof. @aa_smith11 has more time with a hood than I do (and likely in worse conditions) and he can provide more empirical evidence here.

At 210 I'm not much heavier (and assuming bulkier) than you and I'd be swimming in an XL. I'd go L if I were you.
Awesome! Thanks.

From Wrench: "I had one iron will broadhead that would rust bad enough to eat the edge off every day and this thing would save my bacon."

Just "saw" the sharpened broadhead blades into candle/paraffin wax and wipe off the excess with your fingers. Used it for decades with Zwickey Deltas and it worked very well. Zwickey's have less chrome in them and rust easier than Iron Wills, at least based on specs. Good luck!

Adding another knife to the list...

I picked up this fibrox knife primarily for chicken and waterfowl/upland birds. However after using it on this years antelope I would highly recomend as it made very efficient work around all the tendons, silver skin, and bones. I would imagine this would work just as well for whitetail and mulies. They also make a 3-3/4" version that would be great for caping.

Victorinox Fibrox Pro Poultry 4.50" Boning Knife ($12-19)

I’m a sucker for these Vic knives I bought one! 😆

TxxAgg

WKR
Just got my Swazi hoodie back from the tailor. Fits perfect now.
If you have a broad upper body, I'd opt for the larger size if you're on the fence.

I’m about to jump on the Swazi bandwagon A any of y’all wear a Medium? I’m 5’10” and 175 and thinking that’ll be the right size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk