Cheap Stuff that Works

NDGuy

WKR
I’m about to jump on the Swazi bandwagon A any of y’all wear a Medium? I’m 5’10” and 175 and thinking that’ll be the right size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'd go L personally. I am 5'6" 175 and the L is a hair long but fits great in the chest and shoulders. I was going to go M too but remembered it would be like $20 to ship back to NZ lol

I am just going to have my gma hem the bottom a hair so it's not as long.

EastMT

WKR
Since I’m here to help everyone blow money, this little birds beak is the cats meow for caping the head out of game in the field. Bears, deer etc, it gets into the tight spaces around the antlers, if you hit a tooth you didn’t just mess up your meat knife. Weight is almost nothing.

There’s a lot of places priced at $12-14, but a google search of Victorinox Birds Beak will find them for around $5. Great for peeling vegetables also.

9073c688f55f91a867aa2cf2ed4e4682.jpg

NDGuy

WKR
Since I’m here to help everyone blow money, this little birds beak is the cats meow for caping the head out of game in the field. Bears, deer etc, it gets into the tight spaces around the antlers, if you hit a tooth you didn’t just mess up your meat knife. Weight is almost nothing.

There’s a lot of places priced at $12-14, but a google search of Victorinox Birds Beak will find them for around $5. Great for peeling vegetables also.
Where do you get sheaths for these Victorinox knives?

EastMT

WKR
I built a kydex press out of two short 2x6 pieces and that cheap puzzle piece standing pad. Heat it up to 275 in the oven on a sheet for about 10 min, then wrap it and clamp it for 5 min.

Once it cools down, I trim it to size with sheet metal shears, sand sand the edges with a dremel. I’ve used both paracord and rivets to close them up. The rivet kit really isn’t worth it if you are only doing a couple. I’ve been learning to make knives so I figured I better learn kydex too, so I bought a rivet press.
22d82e0ade7b9266e4de0e91c082444a.jpg

I went direct through swazi. I think the exchange rate put it at about $62 with shipping.
I have tried three times to order this dang thing. I even gave my bank a heads up on the second go-round. It declines my card and then shuts my card down for 24 hours. I'm assuming its an error on the banks end, not putting the note through. Did ya'll have issues ordering international?

robtattoo

WKR
I have tried three times to order this dang thing. I even gave my bank a heads up on the second go-round. It declines my card and then shuts my card down for 24 hours. I'm assuming its an error on the banks end, not putting the note through. Did ya'll have issues ordering international?

That'll be your bank's fraud policy. Some banks won't allow international orders, unless in person.
Prepaid Visa cards are awesome for this.

Kentucky

WKR
I’m about to jump on the Swazi bandwagon A any of y’all wear a Medium? I’m 5’10” and 175 and thinking that’ll be the right size.

I’m 5’7” 180, used to be built like a fire hydrant, but got bit of dad bod now.. the medium fits me perfect with base layer and long sleeve under.. once it’s on..not bad going on, but little tough coming off.. fits excellant while moving around, not tight, and doesn’t look like a nigh gown..depends on how you like your gear to fit.

Michael54

WKR
I have a a very tumultuous love/hate relationship with this thread... Swazi order placed
Im fortunate that its christmas season and my father in law is exactly one size smaller than me. So if it fits it was roughly $53. If its too small its a gift for him and ill get the next size up 🤣

Thanks for the input - I’ve got a medium and a large inbound. Whichever one doesn’t fit will end up in the Classifieds!

NDGuy

WKR
I’m 5’7” 180, used to be built like a fire hydrant, but got bit of dad bod now.. the medium fits me perfect with base layer and long sleeve under.. once it’s on..not bad going on, but little tough coming off.. fits excellant while moving around, not tight, and doesn’t look like a nigh gown..depends on how you like your gear to fit.
Interesting, we are similar size. Medium isn't too tight in the chest/shoulders?

twall13

WKR
I ordered one yesterday and my charge went through but I did get a "suspicious charge" email from my bank that I had to click on to let them know it was a purchase I made. I think it just depends on how your bank handles things.

I ordered one yesterday and my charge went through but I did get a "suspicious charge" email from my bank that I had to click on to let them know it was a purchase I made. I think it just depends on how your bank handles things.
It'd be nice if PayPal or another company would make a universal system that generates one-use card numbers. Privacy does something like this but it's linked to your checking account and I don't want that information in the cloud. Hopefully you have better luck soon, but if not there should be some hoods popping up in the classifieds soon.

as.ks.ak

WKR
How does the length fit you? I like the added length to the back and have a large on order. I'm 6-3 195. Just wondering if I needed an XL.

Thanks

I bet it fits you like a glove. If it doesn’t and you need to size up, I’ll take the L off your hands for you just hit me up if that’s the case. If it’s gonna be short anywhere I bet it’s in the sleeves.

sram9102

WKR
I bet it fits you like a glove. If it doesn’t and you need to size up, I’ll take the L off your hands for you just hit me up if that’s the case. If it’s gonna be short anywhere I bet it’s in the sleeves.

I'll let you know. I do have a slightly negative wingspan so that should help a bit in the sleeves.