Cheap Stuff that Works

stump06

WKR
Glad to hear this as I just recently ordered one! So hopefully between this and the Quake-Claw sling I should be good to go now. The Quake-Claw sling is tops in my book. There's only very few instances where it allows the weapon to move. So hopefully with the addition of this little thing we should be straight now!
The Quake claw sling is another item you could add to this list. I have 3!

Haney

FNG
Right? After I tried one of them I was like "Why would ANYONE ever use any other sling but this!?" Was the only sling that didn't constantly slide off my shoulder with the backpack strap.
Another vote for a great sling . Every hunting I own has one . My old leather slings don't see much use these days

These have been great for me. A couple of times I have considered lighter weight trekking poles, but the weight saving is not worth the cost to me.

I have a set of the mountainsmith carbonlite poles that I’ve used hard for three years now. Some gnarly hiking, hunting, and I even use them snowshoeing in the winter time. I’ve gone through multiple rubber end tips and snow baskets on them but they’ve been great

EastMT

WKR
7f832cb54082e008d89e81e921fac5c2.jpg

I just ordered 4 more of these for stocking stuffers(one more for me) I been using at work now for 2 years. A lithium battery just lasts forever in one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JoeDirt

WKR

ThermoPop​

small black meat thermometer $34​

make great gifts too​

dot is for the longer cooks $34 on sale​

View attachment 236275

Those are probably the best bang for the buck instant read thermometer. My ThermoPop never gets put away its always being used!

ThermoPop​

make great gifts too​

View attachment 236275

If you like those, you might like these at less than half the price.

GDEALER DT09 Waterproof Digital Instant Read Meat Thermometer with 4.6” Folding Probe.​

71rc9-wplXL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Grabber brand tarp. Cheap, durable, reflective, water proof. Use it more as a ground cover than a shelter.

Of course, zip locks and trash bags for water proofing and organization.
Could you provide a link? I can’t find what you’re referring to with the brand

Jhoff041

FNG

ThermoPop​

make great gifts too​

View attachment 236275

Best thermometer I've ever used. Those things rock

Jherek

Lil-Rokslider
Not everything should cost an arm and a leg. Post any inexpensive stuff you’d recommend that just flat works.

I’ll start with a Mora 711. ~4.5 oz with sheath, easy to sharpen (and resharpen in field), and the textured rubberized grip is fantastic. Easy to grip and your hand doesn’t tire after several hours of boning.

$15

228ccc3d794989a4daff06c8af9b3ead.jpg

Heavy duty window shrink wrap - makes a great meat tarp or even a groundsheet. With some duct tape you could probably rig an emergency shelter.

6 oz for a 5’ x 10’ sheet, can be cut to size.

$7.94

7a49c143892f0f40c412fc01231edfd6.jpg

RockChucker30

I gotta say, thank you for posting about your knife. I ordered if after seeing this post without looking into or doing any research(not normal for me). That knife is flat out AMAZING, I polished the edge before l used it in the field for the first time. To date I've field dressed 6 whitetail and camped 1 out without sharpening and it can still shave hair. The last few years I've been using the Havalon or Outdoor Edge, not anymore!

Thanks!

Jason t

FNG
This thread is great!!! what size are you guys buying in the m65 pants liner. I normally wear a 36 or 38 waist by 32 inseam. I’m gonna have my mother in law sew zippers in the legs. (So that link to Amazon would be greatly appreciated). But what size would you guys recommend. The large or x-large. Thanks in advance

This thread is great!!! what size are you guys buying in the m65 pants liner. I normally wear a 36 or 38 waist by 32 inseam. I’m gonna have my mother in law sew zippers in the legs. (So that link to Amazon would be greatly appreciated). But what size would you guys recommend. The large or x-large. Thanks in advance

This site would suggest a Large, although the only pants listed are the BDUs - I would imagine the sizes are consistent. Definitely look for and pay the little bit extra for the long version.