Cheap Stuff that Works

From swazi.co.nz They had several sales lately, and combined with the exchange , they are very reasonably priced. Shipping was actually pretty quick.
I ordered one a couple of weeks ago. Impressive quality, comfort, and shipping speed. Even with a favorable exchange it didn’t come cheap after $22 shipping. Probably should’ve waited for the Boxing Day sale.

For anyone else late to the party, the hood is true to size, with room for one or two light layers underneath. The tail is significantly longer than most fleeces. Torso is cut somewhat loose, while the arms fit fairly snug toward the wrist. I would size up if you want to layer heavy or be able to pull the sleeves up, but it’s gonna look like a dress.

Voyageur

WKR
I ordered one a couple of weeks ago. Impressive quality, comfort, and shipping speed. Even with a favorable exchange it didn’t come cheap after $22 shipping. Probably should’ve waited for the Boxing Day sale.

For anyone else late to the party, the hood is true to size, with room for one or two light layers underneath. The tail is significantly longer than most fleeces. Torso is cut somewhat loose, while the arms fit fairly snug toward the wrist. I would size up if you want to layer heavy or be able to pull the sleeves up, but it’s gonna look like a dress.
Appreciate the insights on the sizing. If all a person wants to wear underneath it is a couple t-shirts, say one short sleeved and the other long would you recommend ordering your regular size?
Thanks.

Appreciate the insights on the sizing. If all a person wants to wear underneath it is a couple t-shirts, say one short sleeved and the other long would you recommend ordering your regular size?
Thanks.
Yes, that’s what I did. For reference, I’m 5’9” 165. Wear a medium in about everything and the medium fits me perfect.

Pilsner

Lil-Rokslider
Mora knives.
Tyvek ground sheet.
Reflectix food cozy.
CostCo carbon fiber trekking poles.

Reflectix windshield cover as under sleeping pad insulation.

Black Ovis wool base layers
Kylmit sleeping pads
Crocs
Smart water bottles

Pilsner

Lil-Rokslider
Which jacket is this!? Brand? Pictures?
They also have a pretty good Eddie Bauer synthetic puffy jacket for cheap that is pretty good. Perfect for the once a year Western hunter or a newbie.
Even comes in green and brown.

Pilsner

Lil-Rokslider
Sawyer squeeze water filter
CNOC vecto bladder
Vapur canteen bags

And how could we forget duct tape and zip ties.

Gapmaster

WKR
Merino short sleeve tee from MountainWarehouse. Dark grey $25. Vs 70-125$ on high end camo Merino. Only down side is made in China. I bought a couple of these last year and they worked great on a 9 day backpack hunt.

Hoodie

WKR
Sightron SII Blue Sky 8x32 binos. Maybe the ultimate beater/truck bino.

$167 on Amazon.

These have a cult following amongst birders. I found out about them from birdforum. I´ve used Meostar HDs and Monarch HGs the last few years. It´s crazy how sharp these are for a sub $200 bino without dielectric coatings or ED glass.

ahawk116

FNG
It’s hard to sort through all of this, so if something I say has been mentioned I apologize.

Honey packets from Chick-fil-A as well as individual hand cleaning towels.

24 for 5 bucks. Put them in a plastic bag for a cheap alternative to trioxane.

These last about 2 years and stay on my keys. Super lightweight, and they saved my hunting buddies trip last fall when he forgot to trim his toenails before our hunt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fmyth

WKR
I purchased a new Slik Pro CF-634 Carbon Fiber tripod for $141 on Amazon.com. The regular price is $249 but when I was getting ready to order it I noticed down on the right side of my screen that is said "available new and used for as low as $141. I clicked the link and saw that there was a "return" with cosmetic damage available for $141 with free Prime delivery. I ordered it. It arrived in a box that had noticeable damage but the tripod itself didn't have a single scratch on it. I've purchased lots of stuff on Amazon like this including 2 sets of tire chains that were "damaged" for nearly half price. Not sure how you could possibly damage tire chains in shipping. I wasn't concerned about the possibility of the tripod having a few scratches as I would likely scratch it myself using it. Neither the tripod, or the tire chains had any damage or sign of use. Looks like the boxes were damaged in shipping and the consumer returned them. Hope this info saves you some $ to put towards more tags.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-01-17 at 5.04.19 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-01-17 at 5.04.19 PM.png
    59.6 KB · Views: 222
  • Screen Shot 2021-01-17 at 5.01.53 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-01-17 at 5.01.53 PM.png
    307.4 KB · Views: 221
Last edited:
I purchased a new Slik Pro CF-634 Carbon Fiber tripod for $141 on Amazon.com. The regular price is $249 but when I was getting ready to order it I noticed down on the right side of my screen that is said "available new and used for as low as $141. I clicked the link and saw that there was a "return" with cosmetic damage available for $141 with free Prime delivery. I ordered it. It arrived in a box that had noticeable damage but the tripod itself didn't have a single scratch on it. I've purchased lots of stuff on Amazon like this including 2 sets of tire chains that were "damaged" for nearly half price. Not sure how you could possibly damage tire chains in shipping. I wasn't concerned about the possibility of the tripod having a few scratches as I would likely scratch it myself using it. Neither the tripod, or the tire chains had any damage or sign of use. Looks like the boxes were damaged in shipping and the consumer returned them. Hope this info saves you some $ to put towards more tags.

I'll add "used" vanes to the list...went to order a 100 pack of bohning X-vanes on amazon last week and saw they had a "used" pack for half the price. Used vanes? I know someone didn't strip them off their arrows for resale, let's roll the dice! Must have just been a return, as far as I can tell the package was never opened. Can't argue with saving a few bucks!

kpk

WKR
Stream light micro light. Runs off 1 AAA battery, weighs a few ounces, clips on a hat or headband and is super bright. Goes with me everyday. I think they’re like $25-$30

98c91bbd89c99e7e7e8afbd5679087fb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A friend of mine once lost his. Probably 2 years later I found it riding around in the tonneau cover rail of my truck. I never used the cover so it had been rattling around exposed to the weather for 2 years straight lol. Fresh batteries and it still worked.