Cheap Stuff that Works

TheGDog

WKR
7f832cb54082e008d89e81e921fac5c2.jpg

I just ordered 4 more of these for stocking stuffers(one more for me) I been using at work now for 2 years. A lithium battery just lasts forever in one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It upsets me when companies cheap-out and don't put on a pocket clip with the extra fold which allows for slipping it onto a baseball cap!

TheGDog

WKR
Cheap stuff that works? Naphcon A eye drops when you're out in the field and you can "see" the air from all the pollen and what not.

jmart33

FNG
Not everything should cost an arm and a leg. Post any inexpensive stuff you’d recommend that just flat works.

I’ll start with a Mora 711. ~4.5 oz with sheath, easy to sharpen (and resharpen in field), and the textured rubberized grip is fantastic. Easy to grip and your hand doesn’t tire after several hours of boning.

$15

Mora 711 Carbon Steel 4 Inch

228ccc3d794989a4daff06c8af9b3ead.jpg

Heavy duty window shrink wrap - makes a great meat tarp or even a groundsheet. With some duct tape you could probably rig an emergency shelter.

6 oz for a 5’ x 10’ sheet, can be cut to size.

$7.94

7a49c143892f0f40c412fc01231edfd6.jpg

Slumberjack 8 man tipi paired with a luxe stove jack and stove.

Tyler C

FNG
When I was growing up my Pa didn’t have money for jackets and so if it was going to be cold, then you just had to wear more long sleeve shirts. Soon we began judging the weather by how many shirts we had on. “It’s not that cold boy, I’m only wearing 4 shirts” 😂 I vividly recall a 7 shirt day where lifting my shotgun was a tall task indeed.

If you're referring to blue shop towels, I only get one wipe per day with that stuff before abrasion begins to occur. However, I do always have a couple in my pocket for a snot rag or emergency TP...ever since the fateful day I came back to camp with 1.75 sleeves on my shirt.
Nothing worse than squatting in a downpour with your rain gear around your ankles trying to evaluate cost vs value of every item of clothing you're wearing as TP.
I always wear two pairs of socks, just in case. :)

Vaseline soaked Cotten balls inside a dip can with a mini bic lighter. Always have a fi

Vaseline soaked Cotten balls inside a dip can with a mini bic lighter. Always have a fire
+1 I use the tubes that the miniature m&m's come in. I have a red one for the cottonballs with vaseline. Yellow ones for my spare 18650's/cr123's.

Kobuk

Lil-Rokslider
My Vaseline cotton balls are stored in these old timey film canisters. They use to hold rolls of film for ancient cameras. You usually had to wait months to see what was on the film, usually at least two major holidays and several birthdays, Back when you couldn't make a call or check your email with your camera. Back when a memory card was a 3x5 piece of paper with notes written on it, possibly in cursive which was another ancient form of written communication. ;)

ScottRK

Lil-Rokslider
May have been mentioned haven’t read everything- cut finger holes in old socks for wrist gaiters,plastic grocery sacks for goretex saved my 6yr olds feet on a wet hike with crappy kids winter boots.

Zackw

Lil-Rokslider
Built this using a little strip of kydex. Just cut some slots, heat and bend, then use a strip of velcro to attach it to your shoulder strap. Helps to keep your rifle sling on your shoulder.

Attachments

• 8A268540-6154-46F5-8750-4215AEF43964.jpeg
    8A268540-6154-46F5-8750-4215AEF43964.jpeg
    12.8 KB · Views: 378
  • 0F089851-3F9F-4F14-8E02-797084730631.jpeg
    0F089851-3F9F-4F14-8E02-797084730631.jpeg
    30.9 KB · Views: 378
Built this using a little strip of kydex. Just cut some slots, heat and bend, then use a strip of velcro to attach it to your shoulder strap. Helps to keep your rifle sling on your shoulder.
You sir are a genius! I've been trying to think of something like this and just so happens that I have an old kydex holster laying around that I will now be cutting up.

SneekyPee

Lil-Rokslider
Just received my Swazi "the hood" love that thing. Definitely run a little on the big side though

I picked up the hood about 5 months ago and then the rooskie about a month ago . They are awesome, I ordered the hood in the normal large I wear but the rooskie is a medium. I can at least wear the rooskie in public with looking like I’m wearing a dress lol .. but the hood is still my favorite

Agross

WKR
simple but genius. I need one!

My Vaseline cotton balls are stored in these old timey film canisters. They use to hold rolls of film for ancient cameras. You usually had to wait months to see what was on the film, usually at least two major holidays and several birthdays, Back when you couldn't make a call or check your email with your camera. Back when a memory card was a 3x5 piece of paper with notes written on it, possibly in cursive which was another ancient form of written communication. ;)
I woulda, but my film canisters weren't waterproof. :)kodak.jpg