Cheap Stuff that Works

similar the the response above me, I’d recommend the Eddie Bauer guide pro pants (they just came out with camo if you like, but slate green is a great solid) and the Eddie Bauer cirruslite down jacket. Both can be had for sales around $40 or less. Never pay full price for Eddie Bauer stuff.

I like the Sam’s denali pants better than eddie bauer and they are $12.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EastMT

WKR
UL fuel efficient cook system

This is a great stove combo posted by Troutbum. BRS stove, Inferno pot, ultralight, ultra cheap. He has the fuel consumption tested out. I’ll be adding this to my lineup as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fmyth

WKR
Klymit Insulated Static V Lightweight Sleeping Pad. These are $85 but Klymit sells their returns (refurbished) on Ebay for $52.67 or best offer. I offered $45 shipped and got it. Looks and works like new. Needed an insulated light weight pad for potential spike camp during Sept Elk hunts in WY.

7-Pointers

Lil-Rokslider
Foam seat cushions. I prefer the blaze orange so I don't leave it behind. I just got a couple more at a Fleet Farm for under $8. For extremely cold weather, I have one that I duck taped reflectix to one side to sit on. Looks ghetto but it helps to retain heat.
If you keep your foam seat cushions in the water bladder pouch of your cheap fabric daypacks you add structure to the pack and protection from the odd shaped items in your bag dramatically increasing comfort of these super lightweight packs.

Fryeloc

FNG
Anyone tried this from duluth, just curious how it compares to The Hood? It's on sale right now so comp price (edit)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210422-055204.png
    Screenshot_20210422-055204.png
    462 KB · Views: 172

Voyageur

WKR
Anyone tried this from duluth, just curious how it compares to The Hood? It's on sale right now so comp price (edit)

Thanks for asking this. I was wondering the exact same thing yesterday when perusing the Duluth site. Hopefully someone will answer.

idcuda

WKR
7 years, so far, on my vanguard endeavor ed 10x42s. $140, "used" on Amazon.

Only recently started getting the bug to find something new. Out of boredom, more than anything.

JoeDirt

WKR
Costco has a different brand of outdoor stretch pants. They fit kinda like the Gerry brand. My girlfriend also bought some.

Not bad for $15 !

Attachments

• pants.jpg
    pants.jpg
    291.3 KB · Views: 379

CB1

FNG
The Costco Eddie Bauer pants are pretty good for warm weather. Not silent but great for about $18. I wear them all the time.